• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, Swiss Angel Fan said:

It would be weird to make 2 separate deals with the same team on the same day. I wonder if that's ever happened  

I feel like it happened like, a couple days ago. Did Seattle and Cindy make two trades on Castillo day?

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also, O'Hoppe has a higher SLG PCT. in away games than he does at Reading @Inside Pitch.

Home: 5 HR, .429 SLG

Away: 10 HR, .552 SLG

I'm glad you like this trade.  I don't have an opinion, I haven't seen the kid. 

But I do know that league doesn't have a team with a PF below 90, no other minor league circuit can say that. (AAA West has 4 below 85), and it has 7 teams with park indexes above 100 out of 12.

I'm not crapping on the kid but those raw stats don't really mean as much people may think they do.

So far, the trade returns for pitching haven't been that great. I think Seattle's pay for Castillo was about normal, but Mahle's return from the Twins was lower than I thought.

I'm not getting my hopes up regarding my Syndergaard. I think he brings back a relief prospect or a defensively gifted middle infielder.

Edited by Second Base

10 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

And at the MLB level it's now like 6%. At least O'Hoppe's inevitable decline into a typical Angels .210 hitter with a 40% K rate will be slightly delayed a bit since he's in AA, and in the meantime maybe there's a nuclear holocaust and we end up with new ownership and coaches by the time he gets promoted. 

I don't think I've ever seen anyone paint a nuclear holocaust as a positive before butI think you may have done it.  Touche!

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm glad you like this trade.  I don't have an opinion, I haven't seen the kid. 

But I do know that league doesn't have a team with a PF below 90, no other minor league circuit can say that. (AAA West has 4 below 85), and it has 7 teams with park indexes above 100 out of 12.

I'm not crapping on the kid but those raw stats don't really mean as much people may think they do.

But we do know Marsh can’t hit in Anaheim.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

So far, the trade returns for pitching haven't been that great. I think Seattle's pay for Castillo was about normal, but Mahle's return from the Twins was lower than I thought.

I'm not getting my hopes up regarding my Syndergaard. I think he brings back a relief prospect or a defensively gifted middle infielder.

Yeah I expected more from the Twins on that Mahle deal. 2 month rental for a 1 WAR pitcher in Syndergaard probably isn't netting much

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

At this point anything resembling the talent level of the 2nd rounder they lost for him would be considered a wash.