• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Arte fired the wrong guy

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Minassian tried.  He totally tried.  And it should have worked out better.  But how many of you would get shit at work if you tried hard but still fucked up real bad?

I’d be fired.  Or worse, one of my colleagues would have died.  I guess in my line of work, Perry would have been some Chief officer that would have shown up 6 hours after the incident started, so I guess this hypothetical doesn’t apply per se.

I can’t really apply my line of work to the Angels organization, but I do know that in my line of work, we are held accountable for our job.  From the rookie to the most seasoned guy.  From a guy like Trout to a piece of turd like Velasquez.  Every person is held accountable.

But my job isn’t a baseball team.  Thank God, or LA County would be in deep shit.

22 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Both deserved to be fired. Still, we aren't going anywhere with Arte, the sample size is large enough and he has no clue how to run a franchise.

At the beginning, he was seemed fine letting Stoneman run things. Then, he gave $50,000,000 guaranteed To Sosh (no other manager has gotten more than half of that) and it's like the whole direction of the franchise changed from developing young talent, and add solid veterans to have a roster filled with talented players to "I WANT SUPERSTARS. SHOW THEM THE MONEY!!!"

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is Perry Minasian, not Joe Maddon, who is responsible for the main sources of the Angels woes this year:

- A shitty bullpen. 

- No depth.

Perry's lone good move was Lorenzen. Syndergaard is ok, but an overpay. Raisel has blown some big saves. Loup, Tepera, Bradley are trash.

His solution to depth was Wade, Velazquez, Lagares, Mayfield, Duffy...most of these guys shouldn't even be bench players, but AAA depth, and all of them are getting way too much playing time.

So Arte, you fired the wrong guy. Perry Minasian is a shitty GM.

Both deserve to be fired.   But yeah, gahbage bottom half of order and bullpen

Perry is in over his head, just like Reagins, Dipoto, and Eppler were.

Maybe it is true that NO REAL GM will work for Arte Moreno.   Too bad he won’t fire himself and sell the team.

Only then will we maybe then see a contending team with a REAL approach to winning and not just a sideshow atmosphere!

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is Perry Minasian, not Joe Maddon, who is responsible for the main sources of the Angels woes this year:

- A shitty bullpen. 

- No depth.

Perry's lone good move was Lorenzen. Syndergaard is ok, but an overpay. Raisel has blown some big saves. Loup, Tepera, Bradley are trash.

His solution to depth was Wade, Velazquez, Lagares, Mayfield, Duffy...most of these guys shouldn't even be bench players, but AAA depth, and all of them are getting way too much playing time.

So Arte, you fired the wrong guy. Perry Minasian is a shitty GM.

Said this last year about Minasian. Welcome aboard. 

7 hours ago, mmc said:

If Eppler got to blow dick for 5 years it’s laughable to think Minasian should get fired after a year and a half

I think the ability for Miasian to increase payroll making the team worse should be a cautionary tale. Firing Maddon was senseless because he apparently had no other plans. Minasian has not demonstrated any ability to effectively evaluate talent. So yes, when the GM builds a roster that can't compete at the major league level, he should be worried about his job. As far as I am concerned,  Minasian's contract can also be added to the Bust list. 

6 hours ago, cals said:

Minassian tried.  He totally tried.  And it should have worked out better.  But how many of you would get shit at work if you tried hard but still fucked up real bad?

If I was an attorney,  I would add as many billable hours as possible while trying hard and more billable hours to fix my mistakes.

And fire Reed? I don't know his specific impact but that dude may be the best coach we have.

With him here we've had Ward and Walsh become all-star level talents offensively. Stassi has gone from literally Jeff Mathis to average/above average. Ohtani ditched the leg kick and became a great hitter. I remember Lastella took a huge offensive jump when he got here.

Maybe none of that was impacted by Reed, but we simply don't know. The point is that there have been offensive strides made by some guys. Big and unexpected ones in certain cases.

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Both deserve to be fired.   But yeah, gahbage bottom half of order and bullpen

Perry is in over his head, just like Reagins, Dipoto, and Eppler were.

Maybe it is true that NO REAL GM will work for Arte Moreno.   Too bad he won’t fire himself and sell the team.

Only then will we maybe then see a contending team with a REAL approach to winning and not just a sideshow atmosphere!

Careful what you wish for AO.

You may get the Monkey Paw and wind up with an Owner like Frank McCourt. 

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

If I was an attorney,  I would add as many billable hours as possible while trying hard and more billable hours to fix my mistakes.

I work on a contingency so billable hours are as foreign to me as building a decent bullpen is to Fatassian.

36 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

And fire Reed? I don't know his specific impact but that dude may be the best coach we have.

With him here we've had Ward and Walsh become all-star level talents offensively. Stassi has gone from literally Jeff Mathis to average/above average. Ohtani ditched the leg kick and became a great hitter. I remember Lastella took a huge offensive jump when he got here.

Maybe none of that was impacted by Reed, but we simply don't know. The point is that there have been offensive strides made by some guys. Big and unexpected ones in certain cases.

This is a great post @Make Angels Great Again!!

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I just want to add that for all those years Eppler declined to spend big money on a bullpen because you have no idea how those guys are going to pitch. The cheap guys are likely to be just as good. 

Yeah, you look at the Yankees bullpen and they're doing it with their own guys in Holmes and King, despite Chapman, Green, Loáisiga and Britton being on the IL. 

Really impressive! 

Hopefully the Angels draft last year will produce a couple really good backend arms.

I think it’s worth considering that the angels get guys like Loup and Tepera who have had success and then they stop having success.  At some point you have to wonder about how all these players keep turning into pumpkins.  Maybe there’s something going on with the Angels and it’s not just the players.  Since you know.  This happens all the time. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it’s worth considering that the angels get guys like Loup and Tepera who have had success and then they stop having success.  At some point you have to wonder about how all these players keep turning into pumpkins.  Maybe there’s something going on with the Angels and it’s not just the players.  Since you know.  This happens all the time. 

Loup is having pretty much his career worst year so far. Tepera's having his worst year outside of 2019. Same with Raisel. Bradley's having his worst year since being converted to relief. And yet, as you say, this happens every year.

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, you look at the Yankees bullpen and they're doing it with their own guys in Holmes and King, despite Chapman, Green, Loáisiga and Britton being on the IL. 

Really impressive! 

Hopefully the Angels draft last year will produce a couple really good backend arms.

That don’t sit in the low 90s