• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/21/22): Royals @ Angels

mmc

Just now, Stradling said:

And Trout Fail Again

And Trout Stays Unclutch 

So yea, most of them

Well he was 0-4 and left 4 on base so I assume he did it more than once. 

Context is sometimes important when you make sweeping claims.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

This was the first run that Quijada has allowed since May 29th.  He had pitched 7 consecutive outings without giving up a run.  

So he was due to give up runs.

The problem Strad is you pull out stats to support in game decisions that don't work out, so using your logic we've had a decade of Angels failure. There's things that go beyond just pulling stats out to make decisions, and by following what you think was "right" we have exactly what played out last night. But hey, at least you have those stats as a scapegoat.

Iglesias may not always have it "on" but he definitely had his mojo going last night with his 1-2-3 10th. He only threw 10 pitches, the runner on 2nd didn't even move, and he should have undoubtedly had the opportunity to keep that momentum and follow through to the 11th to keep the Angels in the game. 

9 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So he was due to give up runs.

The problem Strad is you pull out stats to support in game decisions that don't work out, so using your logic we've had a decade of Angels failure. There's things that go beyond just pulling stats out to make decisions, and by following what you think was "right" we have exactly what played out last night. But hey, at least you have those stats as a scapegoat.

Iglesias may not always have it "on" but he definitely had his mojo going last night with his 1-2-3 10th. He only threw 10 pitches, the runner on 2nd didn't even move, and he should have undoubtedly had the opportunity to keep that momentum and follow through to the 11th to keep the Angels in the game. 

My bad for pulling out stats instead of basing it on emotions.  I would have kept Iglesias in the game, but to pretend like it was a bad decision or “we all knew what was inevitably going to happen” is just fucking dumb.  By the way, everyone who “knew it was going to happen” would also “knew Iglesias would blow it when he was sent out for another inning”. 

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

.322/.472/.750.   A paltry 1.222 OPS.   In high leverage situations he's at .290/.400/1.058

I havent read through the thread are people complaining about Trout not being clutch or something?

I don't think this is really what people think, but during a GDT it definitely comes off sometimes from some people because they're pissed when Trout doesn't come through in clutch situations. They tend to forget the fact that most times he does come through, or he's the reason we're winning or even scored some runs.

It has to do with coming to an understanding that no matter how good he is, he can't be the hero every time, it's just not possible. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

By the way, everyone who “knew it was going to happen” would also “knew Iglesias would blow it when he was sent out for another inning”. 

No.

18 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I don't think this is really what people think, but during a GDT it definitely comes off sometimes from some people because they're pissed when Trout doesn't come through in clutch situations. They tend to forget the fact that most times he does come through, or he's the reason we're winning or even scored some runs.

Yeah.  Baseball is hard.

Tell you what is a legit gripe about Trout this year.  He's been pretty much absent all season when the team is behind.  If people want to get on him about something it's that.  Trout has completely disappeared when the team is behind, in 98 PAs he's put up a .186/.286/.326 line.   

You wouldn't expect to see Mike Trout sporting a .611 OPS in 37% of his season's total PA's but here we are.  It's honestly crazy to see he's been so very good in every other "clutch" situation.

On 6/22/2022 at 11:27 PM, Inside Pitch said:

.322/.472/.750.   A paltry 1.222 OPS.   In high leverage situations he's at .290/.400/1.058

I havent read through the thread are people complaining about Trout not being clutch or something?

But he didn't come through that one time I wanted him to so....