• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Seattle Mariners

Taylor

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Their beat writer put out a cryptic tweet about a players only meeting prior to the game and that some consequences are coming.  It's led to a bunch of fan speculation about Servais possibly being gone.

Paving the way for JD to hire Scioscia!

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Their beat writer put out a cryptic tweet about a players only meeting prior to the game and that some consequences are coming.  It's led to a bunch of fan speculation about Servais possibly being gone.

Or, Dipoto actually enters the clubhouse for the first time. I have a hard time believing Dipoto will fire his emotional support person. 

18 hours ago, eligrba said:

@Ender

I apologize.  The Mariners are really bad.  In fact, worse than I expected.  You were right.

Yeah. I knew I was.

I'm banned from Lookout Landing and the Mariners subreddit permanently because I've been deemed "too negative" about them.

Bunch of apologists in those places but the tides turning on Dipoto.

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah. I knew I was.

I'm banned from Lookout Landing and the Mariners subreddit permanently because I've been deemed "too negative" about them.

Well @Ender for a fan of a rival team you've been nothing but a class act and incredibly objective here which I personally appreciate, so feel free to discuss whatever you like here on the Mariners (or anything else). We won't ban you! 

Maybe you can come join us when i'm back up there for the Aug 5th-7th series. 

You can meet a good friend of ours Matt Farler. You may or may not know him, but he's good friends with myself and @Angel Oracle, @CaliforniaYankee and @John Taylor. On Twitter he goes by @fireballphenom. Like you, he loves his team but he lets them have it. 

37 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah. I knew I was.

I know why I can't stomach JD, but what made you dislike him?   

He was actually viewed sympathetically here even after he took his ball and went home.  People didn't really start calling him out until he went to Seattle and then proceeded to gut their farm to try to win before doing the 180 and doing the roster re-imagining.

Kind of crazy that he's been in Seattle for 7 years already.  He's been there for almost as long as Bill Stoneman was in Anaheim.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Yeah. I knew I was.

How is it possible for a true Mariner’s fan not to be “too negative” with Dipoto and Servais? Danny Kaye wouldn’t put up with that crap.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

He was actually viewed sympathetically here even after he took his ball and went home.  People didn't really start calling him out until he went to Seattle and then proceeded to gut their farm to try to win before doing the 180 and doing the roster re-imagining.

Kind of crazy that he's been in Seattle for 7 years already.  He's been there for almost as long as Bill Stoneman was in Anaheim.

Di-Puto.

One of the few orgs that seems to be more poorly run than the Angels, and they don't have the benefit of Trout or Ohtani.

That said, Julio Rodriguez is good already and going to be great. I'd even go so far as to say that he's going to join the Tatis-Acuna-Vlad-Soto-Franco group, as the next era of superstars and future MVP candidates.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

there are/were more things wrong with the angels systemically than dipoto alone, but i think it took a bit for people to realize his full negative impact because it's usually only after you've been conned that you realize you were conned. he talked a great game and was very accessible to this website in particular, but the bloom on the rose only lasts for so long when there's no soil to nourish it. dipoto sucks, and the mariners are lucky as shit that they avoided an albert pujols contract courtesy of dipoto.

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't know. It's probably not truly Dipoto that I hate. It's more likely the ownership. Dipoto did a decent job of building the farm (most likely not directly attributed to him, but scouts etc) but he's had 7 years and this year appears to be a GIANT step backwards.

I mean the record the Mariners had last year wasn't "real" but there has just been zero improvement in the MLB product (barring the fluke last year) since he's been in "charge".

I wish the ownership group would sell the team, but I know that's asking for a miracle.