• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who should lead off?

mmc

Who should lead off?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who should lead off?

I would rather see our power guys batting 3-4-5-6  instead of 1-2-3-4.   We need the power guys to bat with runners on base more often. Currently if we get a runner or 2 on base we have guys like Duffy, Marsh, Rengifo or Stassi to try to knock them in. Can you say rally killer?  With Rendon out, i was hoping we would have Stefanic and Marsh in the 1-2 spots, then have some combo of Trout, Ward, Ohtani and Walsh behind them. Gives them more rbi opportunities.

18 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I would rather see our power guys batting 3-4-5-6  instead of 1-2-3-4.   We need the power guys to bat with runners on base more often. Currently if we get a runner or 2 on base we have guys like Duffy, Marsh, Rengifo or Stassi to try to knock them in. Can you say rally killer?  With Rendon out, i was hoping we would have Stefanic and Marsh in the 1-2 spots, then have some combo of Trout, Ward, Ohtani and Walsh behind them. Gives them more rbi opportunities.

Who is going to be getting on base for them? You’d rather have one of those guys coming up with 2 outs in the 9th instead of Trout?

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

If it were me writing the lineup, it's Rengifo. 

Hear me out. 

Switch hitter, gives you more lineup versatility, is just beginning to heat up, has shown a long profile of getting on base in the minor leagues, has enough pop to keep pitchers and fielders honest, possesses enough speed and aggressiveness on the base paths that he's not holding anyone up, plays the game with passion and can really set the tone. 

I would also argue against putting that much pressure on Brandon Marsh as a rookie. The Angels are doing the right thing, by playing him everyday and putting him in the bottom of the lineup. After 750 at bats, the game will slow down enough and you'll start to really see Marsh grow into his own, and at that point you'll have a star lead off hitter. 

But for 2022, I believe that Rengifo can do it the best while putting men on base for Ward, Trout and Ohtani. 

It could also be Rengifo’s last chance to do something at the plate, having better pitches to hit.

Rengifo, Ward, Trout, Ohtani, Walsh, Marsh in the top 6?

Edited by Angel Oracle

I’d like to point out that of Trout’s HRs this series, Ward was on base for three of them. In addition, he struck out twice in 5 games. Ward is an unorthodox lead off guy but right now he’s the best choice. He’s making contact, the hits will come. 

Im much more concerned with 8-9. They are absolutely worthless spots in the lineup right now, particularly when it’s Wade, Mayfield, or Velazquez.