• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon undergoing season ending wrist surgery

mmc

Just now, Stradling said:

The rest of your post is irrelevant.  The single mom or the construction worker aren’t among the very best in the world at what they do.  They don’t have guaranteed contracts.  Hell if I have surgery and miss the rest of the year at work I would still get paid, because I have earned it and I am more easily replaceable than a MLB player.  Sure if you want to say our priorities are wrong go for it.  Maybe you can get a cable subscription to watch that single mom or construction worker do odds and ends.

Wow. Look at you. You think you're better than these people.

You think people who do "odds and ends" aren't doing hard work? They aren't the "best at what they do"? You're literally defending a multimillionaire for what? Internet cred?

You look like a complete jackass right now.

31 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

and then other owners and players complain when A's don't spend.  As opposed to what? Wasting money on shitheads like Rendon?  Or pitchers that end up needing to be paid $30M+ for 2 years of tommy john rehab.  I'd pocket that money too.  Baseball is a joke and will be until they have a floor, cap, and non-fully guaranteed contracts.  So basically MLB will always be a joke and for the foreseeable future the Angels will be the punchline.

It's why so much of the focus has to be on developing your own homegrown stars, because thats where teams get surplus value at a fraction of the cost. By the time a lot of these guys finally do hit UFA, they've already exhausted through all their best seasons while not getting paid anywhere near the money they warranted for it.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

You think people who do "odds and ends" aren't doing hard work? They aren't the "best at what they do"? You're literally defending a multimillionaire for what? Internet cred?

Oh, no, Tdawg, you can't show any frustration because...,

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

That’s cute.  Of course I am not saying that.  You know my point, but you choose to ignore it.  I even wrote if you want to say our priorities are mixed up we can have that discussion. The jackass are the guys that are telling anyone to fuck off because they need surgery.  “Defending millionaires” just stop.  

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

A couple months ago I did a study of this, going back to Vaughn and looking at how they performed relative to their salary, and how much "surplus value" - either positive or negative - they had, over their WAR production. It wasn't pretty...the short version:

Terrible: Pujols, Hamilton, Wells, GMjr

Bad: Weaver, Wilson

A bit bad: Vaughn, Colon

Good: Hunter

Great: Vlad

i'd put vaughn in the good category. look again at his angel years:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vaughmo01.shtml

in comparison to his boston years, yeah, okay, maybe. but his angel years were solid, not bad.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s cute.  Of course I am not saying that.  You know my point, but you choose to ignore it.  I even wrote if you want to say our priorities are mixed up we can have that discussion. The jackass are the guys that are telling anyone to fuck off because they need surgery.  “Defending millionaires” just stop.  

You're literally doing that. In fact that's exactly why I posted that it "wasn't jealously" because you've used that several times in the past. Whenever someone brings up how much these guys make, it's "jealosy". 

Well you know what? You're right! I'm jealous as fuck that Anthony Rendon gets to suck at his job, make millions of dollars, and get surgery when he gets hurt and not lose a dime. Who wouldn't be jealous of that? 

Congrats on your wealth. A lot of us can't afford the same things you take for granted. If I need surgery, I'm fucked for the rest of my life. Guess I should have just been the best at what I do.

Edited by tdawg87

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Who is going to be in rotation? Oh I forgot Suarez, Canning, Junk

Next year? Only Ohtani, Sandoval, and Detmers are locks, imo.

I think you can pencil in another slot for an in-house option: Canning, Suarez, Silseth, maybe Bush and other AA/AAA guys, plus depth beyond the top 6 would come from these guys.  

That means 2 free agents/trades: Lorenzen and Syndergaard, possibly. But there are some decent free agent options, with Musgrove probably getting the biggest contract. Eovaldi will be 33 but has been healthy for awhile; Clevinger might be worth a reunion flyer; Jameson Taillon; etc.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

And you do what you do, go into threads that people are pissed off in and wag your finger. 

Ok.  And you scold people while being a hypocrite.  So forgive me if I think you disagreeing with me holds any water.  But fuck that guy, he needs surgery.  

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd put vaughn in the good category. look again at his angel years:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vaughmo01.shtml

in comparison to his boston years, yeah, okay, maybe. but his angel years were solid, not bad.

I was discussing this with someone in another thread. Vaughn was paid $32.5M by the Angels for 3.8 WAR in two years (they paid for a third year that he missed). On face value, that isn't terrible - but factoring in inflation and that's more like $55-60M today, which isn't terrible but not good.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok.  And you scold people while being a hypocrite.  So forgive me if I think you disagreeing with me holds any water.  But fuck that guy, he needs surgery.  

Ok, lets go through this one more time, fuck off brainless cheerleader. 

And fuck that worthless Rendon. 

Rendon's injury is unfortunate and it's frustrating for Angels fans, but the "F" Rendon crap is BS.  I'm with Strad on this.

I'm going to assume it's just venting and nothing more. I'll give some of you the benefit of the doubt...but when you keep pushing that sentiment, you're basically reducing yourself to a pathetic piece of crap.

Rendon didn't do any of this on purpose and I'm sure he'd rather be on the field competing, but some of you are so effin' bitter, you act like shit heads.

Edited by True Grich