• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon undergoing season ending wrist surgery

mmc

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That doesn't make it less stupid. I mean, come on.

All of this is stupid.  Is mine more stupid, probably, but we are really telling guys that are hurt bad enough to have surgery to fuck off.  We have turned these guys into villains because they play for our favorite team.  It’s fucking dumb.  

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Most big free agent contracts turn out from bad to terrible, which makes me wonder why teams keep doling them out: either they're just stupid, or the economics of it (big star name = more revenue) makes sense.

On that note, I can't wait to see which hitter we sign to a 7 year contract this offseason

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

THIS POST WON’T BE APPRECIATED

We should all hang out at hospitals and when people are having surgery we should say, “Fuck that guy!”

Cram it, clown. He has been a complete waste of a roster spot and will continue to clog up the 40 man with partial seasons which offer no production. Fuck this guy. 

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Maybe Arte will learn that one day?  Heck, he’s already gone 4 for 4 at varying bust levels.

Not a stat you want to be perfect at

A couple months ago I did a study of this, going back to Vaughn and looking at how they performed relative to their salary, and how much "surplus value" - either positive or negative - they had, over their WAR production. It wasn't pretty...the short version:

Terrible: Pujols, Hamilton, Wells, GMjr

Bad: Weaver, Wilson

A bit bad: Vaughn, Colon

Good: Hunter

Great: Vlad

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Cram it, clown. He has been a complete waste of a roster spot and will continue to clog up the 40 man with partial seasons which offer no production. Fuck this guy. 

Ok old man.  Fuck the hurt guy, got it.  

20 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lol. Thanks Rendon, I loved watching you play for the Nationals and was really excited for you to come here.  Sucks, I just don't think his body can handle the grind anymore. I don't hate him just very annoyed that another FA signing/big trade has gone belly up for us. Joins the likes of Wells, GMJ, CJ (not horrible), Hamilton, Pujols, Upton (not horrible), ... etc.. whatever... 

Can Ward play 3B? Would be nice to call up Adell and move Ward to 3B if possible. Hope we don't make a reactionary trade and lose some young talent just to fill a hole for a season that is quickly going no where. 

He did help Nationals beat LA in WS

Just now, Stradling said:

All of this is stupid.  Is mine more stupid, probably, but we are really telling guys that are hurt bad enough to fuck off.  We have turned these guys into villains because they play for our favorite team.  It’s fucking dumb.  

Well, it's probably because they make millions of dollars to play a kids game.

And no, it's not jealousy. Rendon gets this surgery, no problem. A construction worker needs this surgery, it's going to be a significantly different scenario. Or hell, a single mother of 2 who can't afford health insurance needs surgery so she can bag groceries and stock shelves.

It was incredibly stupid.

This all goes back to the core issue with this franchise over the past decade+....draft and develop. They wouldn't be finding themselves dishing out massive contracts to players on the wrong side of 30 if they had viable options waiting in the wings. How many years has this team had a black hole at 3B prior to them opting to give Rendon funny money in the hopes of finally solving it?

It's all a stark contrast from their 2002-2009 run where they not only had a highly touted farm but had a ton of depth beyond the top names

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

All of this is stupid.  Is mine more stupid, probably, but we are really telling guys that are hurt bad enough to have surgery to fuck off.  We have turned these guys into villains because they play for our favorite team.  It’s fucking dumb.  

Well, yeah, this is an Angels fan forum. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Well, it's probably because they make millions of dollars to play a kids game.

And no, it's not jealousy. Rendon gets this surgery, no problem. A construction worker needs this surgery, it's going to be a significantly different scenario. Or hell, a single mother of 2 who can't afford health insurance needs surgery so she can bag groceries and stock shelves.

It was incredibly stupid.

“Millions of dollars to play a kids game” is just a shitty take and it always has been.  

9 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

On that note, I can't wait to see which hitter we sign to a 7 year contract this offseason

There really aren't many options among 2022-23 free agents:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/2022-23-mlb-free-agents.html

Oh wait, there are a handful. Aaron Judge time? Xander Bogaerts, Trea Turner, and maybe Dansby Swanson will also probably get nine-figure contracts. Bogaerts is probably safest, but will get a monster contract. Judge will probably re-sign with the Yankees. 

I could see the Angels going all-in on Turner, which would be exciting - at least at first. Imagine this lineup: Turner, Trout, Ward, Shohei, Rendon, Walsh, Stassi, Marsh, Fletcher/Stefanic.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Ok ignore the rest of my post then.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.  The single mom or the construction worker aren’t among the very best in the world at what they do.  They don’t have guaranteed contracts.  Hell if I have surgery and miss the rest of the year at work I would still get paid, because I have earned it and I am more easily replaceable than a MLB player.  Sure if you want to say our priorities are wrong go for it.  Maybe you can get a cable subscription to watch that single mom or construction worker do odds and ends.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Aaron Judge time? Xander Bogaerts, Trea Turner, and maybe Dansby Swanson will also probably get nine-figure contracts. Bogaerts is probably safest, but will get a monster contract. Judge will probably re-sign with the Yankees. 

I could see the Angels going all-in on Turner, which would be exciting - at leaset at first. Imagine this lineup: Turner, Trout, Ward, Shohei, Rendon, Walsh, Stassi, Marsh, Fletcher/Stefanic.

Who is going to be in rotation? Oh I forgot Suarez, Canning, Junk

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Oh wait, there are a handful. Aaron Judge time? Xander Bogaerts, Trea Turner, and maybe Dansby Swanson will also probably get nine-figure contracts. Bogaerts is probably safest, but will get a monster contract. Judge will probably re-sign with the Yankees. 

I could see the Angels going all-in on Turner, which would be exciting - at least at first. Imagine this lineup: Turner, Trout, Ward, Shohei, Rendon, Walsh, Stassi, Marsh, Fletcher/Stefanic.

Until Turner gets the Halos injury jinx.