• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon removed from the game after re-aggravating right wrist injury

mmc

11 hours ago, cals said:

Didn’t he fall into the railless visitors dugout on the first play of his first game with the Angels, injuring his ankle and never returning to top form?

He actually put up monster numbers from September 1999 through August 2000. 46 HR's and 129 RBI's

5 out of those 6 months, his OPS was over .900. I think that's more months over .900 OPS than Albert had in 55 months here.

Then, he ruptured a tendon in his arm in early September 2000 and never told anyone about it. He didn't want to have surgery, do rehab, and ruin his planned off season of banging strippers, and hos. He was pretty much known for leading the league in strip club visits.

He didn't notify the Angels of the injury until a month before he was supposed to show up for Spring Training. If he'd had the surgery in September 2000, he would have been ready for the 2001 season. Instead, he missed the 2001 season. Was a total pariah in the clubhouse because of his selfishness, and the Angels traded him to the first team that would take him off their hands.

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

He actually put up monster numbers from September 1999 through August 2000. 46 HR's and 129 RBI's

5 out of those 6 months, his OPS was over .900. I think that's more months over .900 OPS than Albert had in 55 months here.

Then, he ruptured a tendon in his arm in early September 2000 and never told anyone about it. He didn't want to have surgery, do rehab, and ruin his planned off season of banging strippers, and hos. He was pretty much known for leading the league in strip club visits.

He didn't notify the Angels of the injury until a month before he was supposed to show up for Spring Training. If he'd had the surgery in September 2000, he would have been ready for the 2001 season. Instead, he missed the 2001 season. Was a total pariah in the clubhouse because of his selfishness, and the Angels traded him to the first team that would take him off their hands.

I also remember this to some extent.  Him blaming the Angels for “ruining his arm” and when Percival questioned both his leadership and the issue with the arm he responded by saying “who the f*ck is Troy Percival” and “I don’t see no flags flying over Anaheim”.  I think Percy had said that they didn’t need Vaughn and Erstad was the leader of the team.

19 minutes ago, cals said:

I also remember this to some extent.  Him blaming the Angels for “ruining his arm” and when Percival questioned both his leadership and the issue with the arm he responded by saying “who the f*ck is Troy Percival” and “I don’t see no flags flying over Anaheim”.  I think Percy had said that they didn’t need Vaughn and Erstad was the leader of the team.

After the 2002 World Series, there were several Angels who took some verbal jabs at Vaughn (who never even played in a World Series) over that comment.

3 hours ago, gurn67 said:

They did get a solid season out of Appier in 2002.