• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels select Davis Daniel, activate Luis Rengifo, option Jo Adell and Jhonathan Diaz, DFA Dillon Thomas

mmc

Just now, Jay said:

Remember when Adell was completely off the table as a trade piece?

No.  I remember him being off the table for a rental or a guy with 1.5 years of club control.  He should still be viewed like that unless your team is one player away from the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No.  I remember him being off the table for a rental or a guy with 1.5 years of club control.  He should still be viewed like that unless your team is one player away from the playoffs.

I've learned from a certain member here that Adell is still very much considered an extremely valuable trade piece throughout the league.

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

Makes a lot of sense with Trout, Ward, Marsh

. Three better players right now.   Get reps in AAA.  Tough, but get better. 

Is Marsh really that much better?  Offensive numbers do say so.

And Legares has no business up here.

Edited by stormngt

I think everything is pointing to Adell being shopped around.  I have a difficult time understanding how he fit into the Angels plans over the next 3 years.  Ward's emergence has really changed the algorithm for a Trout, Marsh, Adell outfield.  The only two factors keeping Adell in the conversation are his age and potential.  Ironically, both seem to have also negatively impacted his development.  Granted Marsh or Ward may never be the player Adell might become, but Adell currently isn't close to being the player Marsh and Ward currently are.  Marsh's ability to play an above average centerfield and left field coupled with Ward's ability to play an acceptable centerfield and a competent rightfield just highlights some of the limitations Adell has.  Adell has not demonstrated the ability to play a competent outfield position, yet.

With that said, I am nervous that Minasian makes a stupid trade.

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Maybe they should go with the original plan of rotating Marsh, Ward. And Adell.  Except have Ward play RF and LF.  I only want to see Adell in RF.

I don't agree with a platoon. Honestly they may very well be shopping Adell. He's got nowhere to play long-term. 

Edited by tdawg87

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

I think everything is pointing to Adell being shopped around.  I have a difficult time understanding how he fit into the Angels plans over the next 3 years.  Ward's emergence has really changed the algorithm for a Trout, Marsh, Adell outfield.  The only two factors keeping Adell in the conversation are his age and potential.  Ironically, both seem to have also negatively impacted his development.  Granted Marsh or Ward may never be the player Adell might become, but Adell currently isn't close to being the player Marsh and Ward currently are.  Marsh's ability to play an above average centerfield and left field coupled with Ward's ability to play an acceptable centerfield and a competent rightfield just highlights some of the limitations Adell has.  Adell has not demonstrated the ability to play a competent outfield position, yet.

With that said, I am nervous that Minasian makes a stupid trade.

I think the #1 reason for keeping Adell is we have no guarantee that Ohtani will be the full time DH after next year.

Ohtani leaving would open the door to have Trout, Rendon and others rotate through the DH spot.  This creates more opportunities for the 4th OFer.

The last thing we should want to see is MIFers routinely playing in the OF.

Way too many fans have been quick to judge Adelll and wanted to rush him...

First they were quick to anoint him as the next great player.

Then they couldn't wait for him to get called up.

Then they wanted to trade him.

Then they wanted to label him a bust.

And on and on and on...

He's 23 years old. 

Funny how fans were more patient with Taylor Ward.