• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Leadership of our players

mmc

At what point do we start to question the leadership in the team's clubhouse?  It is absolutely pathetic to see the team go out there after losing 13 games and not even be able to score a single run.  Trout, when meeting with the media after yesterday's game, was smiling and didn't sound concerned about anything.  How often have we seen any emotion from anyone on the team during this stretch?  

I'm just not confident this current group has the leadership needed to win anything, and most of this blame falls on the star players

I don't know. I'm so dejected right now I want to blame everyone and everything. I want to assume they don't give a shit. But when I think about it, I realize this is a ridiculous notion. Like @failos said, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. What we see in the media during interviews and press conferences is just fluff. There's nothing they can say we don't already know.

Unfortunately they don't have "leadership" on the field because the "leadership" keeps getting fucking hurt. Rendon and Ward have been hurt, and Trout went through the literal worst slump of his career. That's gonna cause some losses. Not to mention Ohtani hasn't picked up the slack. In fact; no one has. No one has really stepped up. 

But what exactly is "leadership" anyway? I don't think it's a coach standing in front of the players and telling them they suck droopy donkey nards. It really just comes from on the field play. The players feed off that shit (this I do believe is a real thing) and like I said, who has stepped up? 

It looked like Trout was doing just that on Tuesday, but then he got hurt, because of course he did. They ended up losing by 1 run in extras. I think if Trout hadn't been hurt, that would have been the game to break the streak.

Long story short, the team has no leaders because they all suck. No one is stepping up. 

The same problems are simply being revealed.  The Angels fail to have fundamental at bats that result in an advantageous outcome.  The Angels could start every inning with a runner on second and still be shut out unless a homerun is hit.

What does leadership mean in the clubhouse? This isn't a sports movie where the team is bickering and Trout stands up with a rousing speech that brings everyone back together. These are grown men who make millions of dollars to play a kids' game.

There is leadership and has always been. Currently there is Trout but we've had Upton and Pujols there too. 

To me, i'm done looking at the players, coaches and GMs for answers. 

Since the 2015 season ended we've burnt through 2 GMs and 3 managers all while maintaining a top payroll yet never having a winning record. 

It's not a clubhouse issue. It's an owner issue at this point. 

10 hours ago, failos said:

What they do in front of the media doesn’t reflect what happens in the clubhouse.

You say this as if it automatically means there’s no reason to question them.  I think there’s a hell of a lot.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

That's really what you got from his statement?

It’s moot.  Obviously there’s no way we’ll ever know what truly goes on in the clubhouse but there’s plenty of reason to be concerned

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

It’s moot.  Obviously there’s no way we’ll ever know what truly goes on in the clubhouse but there’s plenty of reason to be concerned

You keep changing the narrative, but ok. 

Just now, Lou said:

You keep changing the narrative, but ok. 

Haha no, read the OP again.  I'm not saying anything definitive about anyone, I don't know any of them personally, just that there's plenty of reason to be concerned that the team lacks leadership

9 minutes ago, mmc said:

Haha no, read the OP again.  I'm not saying anything definitive about anyone, I don't know any of them personally, just that there's plenty of reason to be concerned that the team lacks leadership

I was referring to your response to failos' statement. He said nothing about the media not asking questions, but you called him out for it for some reason.

Just now, Lou said:

I was referring to your response to failos' statement. He said nothing about the media not asking questions, but you called him out for for some reason.

No I wasn't referring to the media asking questions, I meant that it's fair for the fans to have questions about the leadership

10 hours ago, failos said:

What they do in front of the media doesn’t reflect what happens in the clubhouse.

28 minutes ago, mmc said:

You say this as if it automatically means there’s no reason to question them.  I think there’s a hell of a lot.

?? 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

?? 

I made a thread asking when we can question the leadership of our players, his first response is that we won't ever know what truly goes on, when there is no camera or microphone in front of them, I replied saying that just because we don't have that kind of access, doesn't mean we can't question the leadership on the team when they've lost 14 straight games