• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels fire Joe Maddon, name Phil Nevin interim manager

mmc

1 hour ago, HanfordGuy said:

With the firing of Maddon, will there be any cross promotions with Del Taco?

@Tank???

as you can imagine, it's been a busy day, so there aren't any announcements for now. stay tuned.

first i have to find the phone number for howard's appliances. i've got a killer idea with them and former halo howie kendrick.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

How does Mike Scioscia have ANY relevance at all to anything that is going on right now?

I really don’t get the constant reference of MS.

Its like being at Thanksgiving dinner talking about beautiful women in movies today and your old uncle just keeps muttering “Carol Alt was hot.”

Carol Alt - Portfolio — The Model CoOp

42 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

1) Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton, Gary Matthews Jr...this is far from one of the worst moves...

2) Can you atleast admit the problem isn't NOT with Joe Maddon? 

3) I don't recall any of us singing praise for Maddon for the hot start, in fact he got called out on this board daily for his head scratching schemes despite us winning. 

You can even talk to Cubs fans when they won the series, they feel like yeah the Cubs won, but it was no thanks to Maddon. It was more like the Cubs having to battle and overcoming the stupid moves Maddon continuously stuck his finger in. And in our case, this club just wasn't made to overcome them.

I wanted Maddon to be good, I want the Angels to win, but a 12 game losing streak eh...never knowing what Maddon was going to do or why...it's frustrating to watch. 

In my opinion it is. 

I have a lot of family in Chicago that are huge Cubs fans and they all had nothing but praise for Maddon. 

I swear this board is bi-polar. 

15 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

It’s the same song and dance with this board every year. You guys overhype terrible off season signings and then freak out mid season when this team sucks.

Add in the fact that the guys who are being paid to carry this team aren’t helping matters and you’re left with exactly this. A complete mess for the 7th straight season or something like that. I’ve lost count. 

This thing needs to be blown up and built from scratch. 

I know this board prefers individual performances over team wins so this won’t be a popular take but if you can get an absolute HAUL for Ohtani you pull trigger. However, due to the money Arte makes from Ohtani that’ll never happen. And in a few years we’ll have another awful contract on the books with a hard cap that leaves no room for anything else

I was preaching this back in 2016. Arte DOES NOT rebuild tough. He's clueless. The owner doesn't know how to run a winning organization after his 6 year run in the 2000's. Just facts we as fans need to accept.

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Vladfan I was one of those who was excited about the Joe Maddon hiring. It wasn't until I started hearing and reading comments from Rays and Cubs fans that Angels fans are going to be perplexed and ultimately become down right frustrated with him before too long. 

I overlooked their comments until I started to see him in action over the past 2+ years. I have never been happier after a managerial firing than this one and I couldn't stand Ausmus. 

Publicly, I was mildly happy with the signing... I thought it was a positive move on some level.  Privately, I've never liked managers who love the spotlight too much. 

I don't fault anyone for thinking Joe Maddon was a good hire.  You never really know until someone is on board and doing the work.  He clearly fell out of favor with a lot of fans and deservedly so.  I know some people will play the "I told you so" game, but who cares.  He's gone now.  Onward.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

marsh - playing

ward - playing

adell - playing

walsh - playing

rengifo - playing

What I'm saying is no more long term deals. Angels could be in 7th straight losing season bring up Stefanic, plus young pitchers on the way to add with Sandoval, Detmers get away from 6 man rotation use 5 like most teams. I trade Ohtani if he does not sign before winter meetings. If Angels sign him have 3 huge contracts in Trout, Rendon and Ohtani. Go the way of Tampa. Those 5 should be in lineup everyday rest of season. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

What I'm saying is no more long term deals. Angels could be in 7th straight losing season bring up Stefanic, plus young pitchers on the way to add with Sandoval, Detmers get away from 6 man rotation use 5 like most teams. I trade Ohtani if he does not sign before winter meetings. If Angels sign him have 3 huge contracts in Trout, Rendon and Ohtani. Go the way of Tampa. Those 5 should be in lineup everyday rest of season. 

If you like the Tampa way (driven and limited by their market size) then buy a TB hat.

Pretty simple.

22 minutes ago, Tank said:

as you can imagine, it's been a busy day, so there aren't any announcements for now. stay tuned.

first i have to find the phone number for howard's appliances. i've got a killer idea with them and former halo howie kendrick.

I’m thinking cannabis infused ghost pepper salsa and call it the “Fiery Maddon Sauce.”

18 minutes ago, Vladfan said:

In my opinion it is. 

I have a lot of family in Chicago that are huge Cubs fans and they all had nothing but praise for Maddon. 

I swear this board is bi-polar. 

I mean, he was part of the team that ended their 108 year WS drought, so I'd imagine they'll have praise for anybody involved with that. The Cubs fans I'm friends with have all said they were ready to move on from Maddon when the team did, but that they'll always have a soft spot for him for the aforementioned reason

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im late to all this.

What was the issue w Maddon? 

I never really blame the manager over the players. But why did everyone on here dislike him? Lineup? Pitching changes?

I thought he was Artes boy.... so this is kind of a shock...

I wonder if the team quit on him?

When the manager is day in/day out making unquestionably neurotic moves that nobody understands combined with a 12 game losing streak (which hasn't happened since 1988) at some point the players aren't going to want to listen to the manager anymore. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im late to all this.

What was the issue w Maddon? 

I never really blame the manager over the players. But why did everyone on here dislike him? Lineup? Pitching changes?

I thought he was Artes boy.... so this is kind of a shock...

I wonder if the team quit on him?

i would guess it has a lot to do with the clubhouse and the possibility he lost the team (or at least the leaders of the team). 

for me, it was the goofy way he managed the pitching staff and the odd lineups he put out there. i thought he would be a good hire initially, but i found him to be rather frustrating on a day to day basis.

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

I don't blame Maddon.

I still blame AJ

@AngelsLakersFan was the one who said Iglesias was the mam, right before that Oakland screw up..

And all the ones that followed

So he too has the power

Edited by ten ocho recon scout