• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels fire Joe Maddon, name Phil Nevin interim manager

mmc

18 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

How on God’s green earth are you going to “package” a guy who is probably going to be commanding 400 mil and a guy who is owed more than 200 mil together in a deal?  Come on, man.

How do you continually hook me into this shit?

I would like to package them but that will not happen. If halos have 7th straight losing season I trade Ohtani and get what you can for him. Only so many teams could afford him. With Rendon and Trout deals halos would be dumb to spend 400 mill on Ohtani. Angels such a mess as an organization and I feel Ohtani will want to go somewhere else. Trout might want a trade also but again his deal is so much few teams could handle his contract. I'm frustrated with halos in midst of 7th straight losing season. Off season again will need starters for me I start a youth movement and let young cheap players play.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I would like to package them but that will not happen. If halos have 7th straight losing season I trade Ohtani and get what you can for him. Only so many teams could afford him. With Rendon and Trout deals halos would be dumb to spend 400 mill on Ohtani. Angels such a mess as an organization and I feel Ohtani will want to go somewhere else. Trout might want a trade also but again his deal is so much few teams could handle his contract. I'm frustrated with halos in midst of 7th straight losing season. Off season again will need starters for me I start a youth movement and let young cheap players play.

Ohhhhhh.  Now I get it.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Yeah, I doubt it changes anything really. I've heard Nevin is a bit of a douche from a few people over the years, but I doubt that affects his ability to win baseball games much. That said, if you lose 12 straight, especially the way the Angels have been losing, somebody has to take the blame.

Key line

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Front office scaepgoat, nothing more. 
Nevin is certainly not a better manager at this point.
Maddon will get another job  and will win again, i wonder if the same can be said of ourselves.
No way were getting anyone here on the short term now or extending anyone so might as well start trading people and do a proper rebuild. 

Unlike past years, this losing streak was not caused by devastating injuries.

This team is better then what is shown the last three weeks.

Blame Arte for Pujols, Hamilton,  even Wells if you want.

However this year it's either on Minasian or Maddon and maybe both.

Maddon is calling out the front office for too much dictatingbased on analytics.

42 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

NO MORE STUPID LONG TERM DEALS.

Like the ones every other big market team does? Come on man, you know they aren't the problem. The problem is depth in the lineup and in the pen. Bad lineup and bullpen decisions.

44 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Just because Perry hired Nevin doesn't mean he's the guy Perry wanted to be manager.

Perry also hired Benji Gil, Ray Montgomery, and Bill Hasselman this offseason. He may have preferred one of them to be the manager, if given the choice.

Also, the bench coach is considered the next man up but he hired Montgomery as bench coach instead of Nevin.

No but it's a good assumption

36 minutes ago, Vladfan said:

I have been a fan of the Angels for a very long time and I think this is one of the worst moves they front office has ever made. 

The problem isn't with Joe Maddon, it's with the players not performing. 

Everyone on this board was singing his and and the front office praise for the hot start. Now suddenly it's one guys problem. Such BS!! 

@Vladfan I was one of those who was excited about the Joe Maddon hiring. It wasn't until I started hearing and reading comments from Rays and Cubs fans that Angels fans are going to be perplexed and ultimately become down right frustrated with him before too long. 

I overlooked their comments until I started to see him in action over the past 2+ years. I have never been happier after a managerial firing than this one and I couldn't stand Ausmus. 

It’s the same song and dance with this board every year. You guys overhype terrible off season signings and then freak out mid season when this team sucks.

Add in the fact that the guys who are being paid to carry this team aren’t helping matters and you’re left with exactly this. A complete mess for the 7th straight season or something like that. I’ve lost count. 

This thing needs to be blown up and built from scratch. 

I know this board prefers individual performances over team wins so this won’t be a popular take but if you can get an absolute HAUL for Ohtani you pull trigger. However, due to the money Arte makes from Ohtani that’ll never happen. And in a few years we’ll have another awful contract on the books with a hard cap that leaves no room for anything else

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Hey look, it's the Chicago Cubs all over again.  Maddon is all about the stats, but not those stats, his own...

I agree with Maddon on this one.  Analytics is a great tool to use.  However too many front offices view it as a Bible. 

This may explain some of the puzzling line upside, the shift we keep getting burned. And maybe even early pulling of starters.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Dolly's a bitch 

hey, she save the white house silver service and some important papers the night the white house was burned in august of 1814, so SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

with all due respect.