• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels fire Joe Maddon, name Phil Nevin interim manager

mmc

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im late to all this.

What was the issue w Maddon? 

I never really blame the manager over the players. But why did everyone on here dislike him? Lineup? Pitching changes?

I thought he was Artes boy.... so this is kind of a shock...

I wonder if the team quit on him?

He drank wine and got more poon than 99% of AW posters so he was persona non grata here. 

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i would guess it has a lot to do with the clubhouse and the possibility he lost the team (or at least the leaders of the team). 

for me, it was the goofy way he managed the pitching staff and the odd lineups he put out there. i thought he would be a good hire initially, but i found him to be rather frustrating on a day to day basis.

Front offices have far heavier hands nowadays on in-game moves, so it is very unlikely he got fired for in-game moves.  It had to be more than that.  It had to be that he either lost some of, or was losing some of the team in the clubhouse.

And if that’s true, then the move is a no-brainer with 106 games to go trying to turn this thing around.

I’m so sad. On a supporter level still think he was the right manager for this team

But mainly on a personal level he has been amazing to me and to what we are trying to do over here in the UK growing the team and sport. His support meant everything. Devastated to see him go 

6 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

When the manager is day in/day out making unquestionably neurotic moves that nobody understands combined with a 12 game losing streak (which hasn't happened since 1988) at some point the players aren't going to want to listen to the manager anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i would guess it has a lot to do with the clubhouse and the possibility he lost the team (or at least the leaders of the team). 

for me, it was the goofy way he managed the pitching staff and the odd lineups he put out there. i thought he would be a good hire initially, but i found him to be rather frustrating on a day to day basis.

And Ill say again here that i have no opinion... I havent truly followed the day to day of this team in years.

But am curious as to what caused this. Like I said, I thought Arte and Maddon were boys... so this is pretty surprising. Would think its something kind of big fpr it to happen (not just the streak)

Just now, desiderata said:

Is this some kind of game where @Lou has alt accounts that post silly trade ideas and laughs to himself about how many people he can bait, or is this a real person you are responding to? 

I have no idea.  I know I’m a real person though and @Louwouldn’t do that.

or would he???

I’m sure this forum shat on sosh also. I don’t think it was ever him. Hopefully the FBI gets involved in the weird deal with the city and arrests Moreno on bribery or something. We need an Angels Qanon where all of the traitors of the organization will be arrested in one dramatic event and then we can finally become champs again. 

i'm actually surprised. i thought arte had a hard on for maddon like they were in love. i just don't see how anything changes with nevin or any other manager. i could see it if maddon was refusing to use the pieces the way perry envisioned them, but that certainly wasn't the case. everybody was being used in the role they were intended to fill. this is just firing the manager to fire the manager. nothing changed today, the angels still lost.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

i'm actually surprised. i thought arte had a hard on for maddon like they were in love. i just don't see how anything changes with nevin or any other manager. i could see it if maddon was refusing to use the pieces the way perry envisioned them, but that certainly wasn't the case. everybody was being used in the role they were intended to fill. this is just firing the manager to fire the manager. nothing changed today, the angels still lost.

The spin starts....   Or maybe this is an indication that there was some sort of refusal to use the pieces as they were intended.  This is Maddon going on record as to "alignments" between himself and the front office.