• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Winning and Losing

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

There's a lot to complain about right now as it relates to Angels Baseball.   This is a fairly epic (that word is kinda bugging me) streak but for me it's to the point that none of it is mine if I don't want it to be.   So instead, thanks to @Chuckster70 for bringing together a motley crew of non-like minded people that have something in common.  Where we can come and express our thoughts on something that we share and maybe that's the only thing.  

So Fuck winning or losing.  I think it's cool that we're all here.  

Doc Maddon, is that you?

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm not a Maddon fan by any stretch and I think people know that.  Knee jerk firing of him as if some anomalous losing streak is his fault or bringing in someone else is gonna change anything in the long term is silly to me.  

I know, I was just kidding.

And I agree re: firing Maddon. That said, I do think there's something to the notion that at some point it kind of "has to" happen. Is that 20 straight losses? Or what if they win tomorrow, and then lose another seven straight? I'd say that that point Perry kind of has to do it, if for no other reason as a "wake the f up" move to the team.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

There's a lot to complain about right now as it relates to Angels Baseball.   This is a fairly epic (that word is kinda bugging me) streak but for me it's to the point that none of it is mine if I don't want it to be.   So instead, thanks to @Chuckster70 for bringing together a motley crew of non-like minded people that have something in common.  Where we can come and express our thoughts on something that we share and maybe that's the only thing.  

Thank you, @Dochalo🙏

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm a maybe.

Thanks for the refocus. 

11 hours ago, failos said:

At this point I’m just enjoying going to the game. It’s a nice break from work whether they win or lose. Obviously I want them to win, but I can’t control the outcome. It is what it is.

That's very adultish of you. You must be at least 32 years old.

44 minutes ago, JoAdellsWeakChin said:

I signed up specifically because we are losing and misery needed company. If we were winning I probably just would’ve gone it alone. 

Welcome to the AW Community. We're used to dealing with misery so we're equipped with a bunch of grief counselors here. 😛 

40 minutes ago, JoAdellsWeakChin said:

I signed up specifically because we are losing and misery needed company. If we were winning I probably just would’ve gone it alone. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Welcome to the AW Community. We're used to dealing with misery so we're equipped with a bunch of grieving counselors here. 😛 

FYI

@Angel Oracleis a terrible grief counselor 

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I stopped watching after the Montoyo ownage, I have however continued to watch the Jays play and I gotta say, that guy is pretty solid.  He's super subtle with his moves but tends to time them really well.  Not even talking about players coming through so much as he tends to always make moves that up the Jays' chances in any given scenario.  

I stopped posting in large part because what's the point of being negative all the time.  I see shit I think is stupid, others think shit is just fine because OMG! Look at our record.  Sometimes teams win in spite of certain factors.  Whatever.  All I know is three years into talking about culture, the only thing that I see is what's always been true.  Winning breeds culture.  I watched last night's game for the first time since that Jays series.  No idea what's going on in the clubhouse but man they looked dead.

I'm not a Maddon fan, but I agree firing him is sort of pointless right now unless he's just completely lost the clubhouse and I'm guessing we would have been hearing stuff about that if that were happening.  I'm assuming the offseason was partially built on some of his input, bullpens are volatile, bad games happen.  If they were willing to stick with him after last season then getting rid of him now just screams rudderless to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a coach sacked because well, history is what it it is.

Hopefully they turn it around, hopefully Adell makes the most out of this opportunity, as bad as he was in the field he did bring a lot of energy to the dugout..  They seemingly need that right now.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I stopped watching after the Montoyo ownage, I have however continued to watch the Jays play and I gotta say, that guy is pretty solid.  He's super subtle with his moves but tends to time them really well.  Not even talking about players coming through so much as he tends to always make moves that up the Jays' chances in any given scenario.  

I stopped posting in large part because what's the point of being negative all the time.  I see shit I think is stupid, others think shit is just fine because OMG! Look at our record.  Sometimes teams win in spite of certain factors.  Whatever.  All I know is three years into talking about culture, the only thing that I see is what's always been true.  Winning breeds culture.  I watched last night's game for the first time since that Jays series.  No idea what's going on in the clubhouse but man they looked dead.

I'm not a Maddon fan, but I agree firing him is sort of pointless right now unless he's just completely lost the clubhouse and I'm guessing we would have been hearing stuff about that if that were happening.  I'm assuming the offseason was partially built on some of his input, bullpens are volatile, bad games happen.  If they were willing to stick with him after last season then getting rid of him now just screams rudderless to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a coach sacked because well, history is what it it is.

Hopefully they turn it around, hopefully Adell makes the most out of this opportunity, as bad as he was in the field he did bring a lot of energy to the dugout..  They seemingly need that right now.

It's sad that MLB's top two players in the game in Trout and Ohtani couldn't carry the team while Rendon and Ward have been hurt over the past couple weeks. 

Their offensive production has plummeted and neither of them are energetic clubhouse guys to rally the squad. 

Maddon looks like he's a doobie and 4 vino's in during the game. 

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This post is spot on @Inside Pitch.  Baseball is full of clichés but winning is contagious.  So is losing.  So is hitting.

Last nights game was death by 1000 paper cuts.  It sucked.  Lifeless team and lifeless fans.  It was a morgue in that stadium.

A month ago, it was a playoff environment in there.  What a difference a month makes.  I still hope this team can get their shit together and start getting some wins, but damn, you’re right.  The team I saw last night was lifeless and damn near dead.  And it’s too bad because Thor pitched pretty well and deserved better.

We gave up our season tix after 18 years, mostly because of family obligations that made it more difficult to go to games every year. It was a tough decision and I began to have regrets when the Angels got off to the great start. I thought,  "Oh sure, now you start winning..."

Well, what a difference 12 games make.

The Angels have become that team I grew up watching... the team that provided me with low expectations and one disappointing season after another. Only difference is that as I've gotten older - I don't care as much.

Some of the old-timers here know what I'm talking about. 

This is really the only place I talk about Angels Baseball because talking about them with casual fans is kind if pointless and boring. 

So..  I'm thankful to have this forum - even if some of you make me roll my eyes from time to time.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's sad that MLB's top two players in the game in Trout and Ohtani couldn't carry the team while Rendon and Ward have been hurt over the past couple weeks. 

Their offensive production has plummeted and neither of them are energetic clubhouse guys to rally the squad. 

Maddon looks like he's a doobie and 4 vino's in during the game. 

I remember when the Angels signed a guy to lead the clubhouse, they won a WS right after they traded him.  Meanwhile, whenever people talk about managers and their minimal impact on games they talk about how their biggest impact is in the clubhouse and keeping guys focused/loose, which I actually agree with.

Hopefully that impact kicks in again soon.