• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What would you do to shake things up?

mmc

19 hours ago, Trendon said:

Fire Joe Maddon, promote Ray Montgomery to manager, and name Trey Hillman bench coach.

Maddon's gone if they miss the postseason anyway, so let him go now and see if it lights a fire underneath the players.

Rumors suggest that Ray Montgomery is the manager in waiting anyway, so promote him now and promote Trey Hillman (who is with the organization already) to bench coach. Hillman has been an MLB manager before, so he'll have that experience if Montgomery needs it.

Question is, what kind of manager of men can Montgomery be?

His expertise is in scouting and analytics.    

But, he has no prior coaching experience.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Ban @Kotchman

It would be like the final scene of Fight Club.

They need to hire me as assistant GM and head of public relations.  I would clean house. I sign AO as manger and Chuck as head of media. Lou is  head of scouting and development. Adam will lead my HR department. Cals will be our legal consultant and head of public relations. In an act of kindness, I’ll offer you and TDawg parking and sanitation positions. 

This whole streak has been really weird. I truly actually think Matt Wise carries the majority of the blame. These pitchers have been figured out. In the last week Detmers, Ohtani (twice), Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Silseth (twice), and Sandoval have been hit very early. It's not only a matter of not having their best stuff, they got rocked in the first and second inning. Which means the game plan was predictable and/or guys were tipping their pitches. It's completely inexcusable for it to happen this much. In addition, the bullpen guys have now lost all confidence (Ortega, Bradley, Loup, Tepera) in their stuff and are throwing balls and not missing any bats. Again, this falls squarely on the pitching coach. Things don't suddenly turn for the worst on a dime like they have. Detmers has regressed, every single bullpen guy has regressed (except Herget, congrats), Ohtani has regressed, Syndergaard and Lorenzen look average. There's no question Matt Wise has done a poor job. He needs to go. I have no idea why they brought him back. Our guys are suddenly obsessed with throwing 2-striek fastballs. Ohtani's FB has no spin, the other guys cannot locate it well enough to miss bats. Why is Matt Wise treating it like a strikeout pitch? It's nuts to me. He really needs to go. The offense has struggled some also, but as a hitter, you are definitely at a disadvantage when you start every game down 2-5 runs after 2 innings. 

7 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

This whole streak has been really weird. I truly actually think Matt Wise carries the majority of the blame. These pitchers have been figured out. In the last week Detmers, Ohtani (twice), Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Silseth (twice), and Sandoval have been hit very early. It's not only a matter of not having their best stuff, they got rocked in the first and second inning. Which means the game plan was predictable and/or guys were tipping their pitches. It's completely inexcusable for it to happen this much. In addition, the bullpen guys have now lost all confidence (Ortega, Bradley, Loup, Tepera) in their stuff and are throwing balls and not missing any bats. Again, this falls squarely on the pitching coach. Things don't suddenly turn for the worst on a dime like they have. Detmers has regressed, every single bullpen guy has regressed (except Herget, congrats), Ohtani has regressed, Syndergaard and Lorenzen look average. There's no question Matt Wise has done a poor job. He needs to go. I have no idea why they brought him back. Our guys are suddenly obsessed with throwing 2-striek fastballs. Ohtani's FB has no spin, the other guys cannot locate it well enough to miss bats. Why is Matt Wise treating it like a strikeout pitch? It's nuts to me. He really needs to go. The offense has struggled some also, but as a hitter, you are definitely at a disadvantage when you start every game down 2-5 runs after 2 innings. 

This times a lot.

What do they see in Matt Wise?   This is not just the past week with the pitching.   This has been starting to come on 3 weeks ago.

This team is a mess.   But they stay the course, predictable.

The "clean image" is just not working for us.  It's the type of thinking that made us trade Napoli and Rivera for Wells. We need to do a complete 180.  Fire Maddon, hire Lenny Dykstra.  Trade Trout for Harper.  Sign Trevor Bauer and then hire the ex-mayor of Anaheim to represent him in court to get him back on the playing field.  Replace our trainer with Jose Canseco.  Hire Gaylord Perry to tutor those 20 pitchers we drafted last year.  Send Ohtani to Navy Seal BUD/S school.  NUFF SAID!!!  

9 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

Lorenzen has been much better than expected. Last night he had one bad inning but looked good overall. Syndergarrd was an unknown and now we know he no longer has the ability. The pen guys looked good early but now stink. Hopefully they make adjustments. Detmers is young and still developing so growing pains are expected. Ohtani is just very inconsistent so maybe that is where a pitching coach can really help but Wise isn’t the main issue here.