• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The losing streak thread

Losing Rendon is a factor. Since he's been gone, the slump has gotten worse. 

Trout and Ohtani simultaneous slumps. Nowhere enough offense without their production.

Ward leading off can't score without those two hitting. 

Walsh has cooled off and is playing below last year's pace.

Marsh isn't as dynamic or clutch.

Renfigo, Stassi/Suzuki, Duffy, Wade, Velasquez make half the lineup easy outs most of the time. 

Pitching not as good as it looked earlier. Starters not going as deep exposes the lack of quality bullpen depth.

Playing non division teams has been a reality check. 

Manager seems somewhat detached and passive. No sense of urgency. Seems to reflect a defeatist attitude. 

Lack of consistency. Too dependent on the home run. 

A bona fide ace starter usually is a main factor in busting slumps. No one fills that role at present. Ohtani has to be carefully deployed, and is not close to who he was last year. No other starter is the bulldog inning eater who can be counted on every fifth day to give quality starts. Thor looked like he could be, but has become inconsistent. Lorenzen seems to have the potential, but not the elite stuff. Detmers is a battler, but raw and inexperienced. Silseth is still a big question mark. 

The team will shake off this slump soon. The law of averages will come into play and some of the problems mentioned will revert to their norm. And opposing teams will hit their own slumps. 

The season basically is at square one again. The good has been cancelled by the bad and it's time to start climbing up again. 

Fuck this. I was getting excited and watching games again. I knew or felt like we were overachieving, but I was hoping the fall from grace to a bit more of a reality would have not been the equivalent of jumping off a cliff and being 7.5 GB when just last week I was reading articles about the Angels surprise start and sustainability.

5 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Losing Rendon is a factor. Since he's been gone, the slump has gotten worse. 

Trout and Ohtani simultaneous slumps. Nowhere enough offense without their production.

Ward leading off can't score without those two hitting. 

Walsh has cooled off and is playing below last year's pace.

Marsh isn't as dynamic or clutch.

Renfigo, Stassi/Suzuki, Duffy, Wade, Velasquez make half the lineup easy outs most of the time. 

Pitching not as good as it looked earlier. Starters not going as deep exposes the lack of quality bullpen depth.

Playing non division teams has been a reality check. 

Manager seems somewhat detached and passive. No sense of urgency. Seems to reflect a defeatist attitude. 

Lack of consistency. Too dependent on the home run. 

A bona fide ace starter usually is a main factor in busting slumps. No one fills that role at present. Ohtani has to be carefully deployed, and is not close to who he was last year. No other starter is the bulldog inning eater who can be counted on every fifth day to give quality starts. Thor looked like he could be, but has become inconsistent. Lorenzen seems to have the potential, but not the elite stuff. Detmers is a battler, but raw and inexperienced. Silseth is still a big question mark. 

The team will shake off this slump soon. The law of averages will come into play and some of the problems mentioned will revert to their norm. And opposing teams will hit their own slumps. 

The season basically is at square one again. The good has been cancelled by the bad and it's time to start climbing up again. 

I specially agree that this needs to be fixed with the starting rotation. We don't have a 6th starter right now, with Silseth and Diaz going back and forth. Syndergaard needs to figure it out his inner wall, Lorenzen and Detmers are good for their roles at this point but cannot be expected to lead the rotation (both are overplaying their expectations IMO). Ohtani is clearly in need of a full day or 2 of rest and a good 10 days off the mound, doesn't matter if he thinks his stamina is endless. 

We need to trade for a good starter that can guarantee us 7 IP in a week, at least, and a 2B bat that can make our back of the lineup something dangerous (I posted this and I'll maintain: we need to overpay to get Bogaerts and Eovaldi. Doesn't matter if only one of them stays for next year). We need Maddon to stop fucking around with his Maddonomics and play the best. Let Walsh hit every day, keep our best OF defender on the field instead of Lagares and play Stassi 5 days per week. Hell, give Suzuki a symbolical spot and bring Wallach in. Keep Silseth and Diaz as long relievers until they are more ready (the Detmers approach of throwing to the wolves only sorta works when you already punted the season). This should relieve the pressure on the bullpen and allow the relievers to play as good as early on the season. 

Just now, Farmbuildingfan said:

Angels need to draft and develop their own talent, which has been lacking in my 54 years as a fan.

I would be curious to know how many home grown Angels have made the all star game over  the last 54 years. Certainly fewer than almost everyone else, not including those who were traded and excelled elsewhere.

3 All-Star players on our current roster have only played for the Angels. 

Last twenty years we’ve seen Trout, Weaver, Howie, Walsh, Ohtani, KRod, Trumbo, Shields, Aybar, Santana, Lackey all make All Star teams that came up in our organization and I may have missed a couple.  Morales while not an all star had a good career and he started with us.  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Last twenty years we’ve seen Trout, Weaver, Howie, Walsh, Ohtani, KRod, Trumbo, Shields, Aybar, Santana, Lackey all make All Star teams that came up in our organization and I may have missed a couple.  Morales while not an all star had a good career and he started with us.  

GA, Saunders,Walden, Percival...