• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The losing streak thread

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Ha. Cricket announcers are 1,000 times better, right @WicketMaiden?

Like all sports there are a lot of ex-players commentating, but as cricket is such a nuanced game that requires a decent baseline of intelligence to play the game well, those ex-players tend to display a higher level of intellect when giving their views of the game. Which makes for some great insights and far fewer cries of 'wow, he crushed that ball'. I honestly can't remember more than one or two cricketers I would consider to be a bit thick (dumb) that played the game at a decent level. 

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Like all sports there are a lot of ex-players commentating, but as cricket is such a nuanced game that requires a decent baseline of intelligence to play the game well, those ex-players tend to display a higher level of intellect when giving their views of the game. Which makes for some great insights and far fewer cries of 'wow, he crushed that ball'. I honestly can't remember more than one or two cricketers I would consider to be a bit thick (dumb) that played the game at a decent level. 

Which club should I root for. Rather, which club do you root for? I hate Yankees/Cowboys/Celtics/Man U type teams

1 hour ago, failos said:

Which club should I root for. Rather, which club do you root for? I hate Yankees/Cowboys/Celtics/Man U type teams

In the Indian Premier League, which only runs for a couple of months (just finished) I followed Rajastan Royals this year, but mainly because a couple of my favourite players were playing for them. That tournament probably has most in common with US baseball.

Aside from the IPL, (and maybe a couple of other T20 leagues I don't have time to follow very much) International cricket is best by far. I watch a lot of that. So for me that's following England (a painful experience at times), and then rooting for whoever is playing against Australia (this is surprisingly easy to do), or whichever team has a player I really like watching. Often I'll root for whichever is the little team, but mostly it's just about watching the brilliant execution of a fantastic and incredibly difficult game. The International game is year round, playing in the respective Summers of each hemisphere, so there's usually something interesting going on somewhere with some genuine world class players on view.

The West Indies are a fun team to follow. India are brilliant and have some fantastic players. South Africa too, they've got some really nice players to watch. New Zealand are currently proving a real handful for England and always play really good cricket, brilliant for such a tiny nation. The US actually have a team - they beat the UAE yesterday in a world cup qualifier. https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/world-cup-league-2-2019-2023-1196667/united-states-of-america-vs-united-arab-emirates-82nd-match-1312801/full-scorecard 

Who do you follow @Lou?