• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Minasian's Pitchers

Not worried about relievers’ ERA. It’ll come down. Those guys will revert to the mean, they’re solid pitchers. This whole pitching funk (starters have not been good in roughly 7 games) is really odd. It cannot just be dead arms or mental. The Ks are down across the board since Sandoval shut down Oakland (except Ohtani’s 10K 5ER game). I think the pitch calling the last week has been so incredibly bad. The strategy has been really quite dumb—way too many FBs, especially on 2 strike counts. 

Also, it’s June. Thor has not gained any velocity, his slider is not good, and his strikeouts are way way down. Small sample no longer applies. We didn’t sign him to be a 6K/9IP guy. 

5 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Not worried about relievers’ ERA. It’ll come down. Those guys will revert to the mean, they’re solid pitchers. This whole pitching funk (starters have not been good in roughly 7 games) is really odd. It cannot just be dead arms or mental. The Ks are down across the board since Sandoval shut down Oakland (except Ohtani’s 10K 5ER game). I think the pitch calling the last week has been so incredibly bad. The strategy has been really quite dumb—way too many FBs, especially on 2 strike counts. 

Also, it’s June. Thor has not gained any velocity, his slider is not good, and his strikeouts are way way down. Small sample no longer applies. We didn’t sign him to be a 6K/9IP guy. 

I wonder if the opponents advanced scouting data has caught up with some of our pitchers. Just a thought. It makes sense that adjustments have been made.

The three big free agent reliever signings the off-season. Iglesias, Loup & Tepera.

The lockdown 3 in April

30.2 IP 4 ER 1.17 ERA

The arsonist 3 in May

25.2 IP 23 ER 8.07

Nobody can say those 3 were overused last month. They pitched in about the same number of games. They threw even less innings because they sucked so badly.

It’s only fair to judge Perry based on the information we had at the time of signings and our needs. I am happy with all the signings because I thought he did well with the prices given the market and our desperation for good pitching. 

I expect that entire list to more or less bounce back to expected levels as the season goes along. Syndergaard is kind of worrisome because his strikeout rate is Jered Weaver level, he’s just not missing any bats. But everyone on this board knew we were taking on a risk with upside with him. I can’t blame Perry in hindsight, he did a good job.

9 hours ago, failos said:

Lol I want to see @Claude back for a couple days just to see what kind of chaos he can brew here. I mean how can Claude be banned and not Cali Angel or KC?

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Free Claude imo. 

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We go through this every year, then he gets banned again.

To be fair he doesn’t really have Pujols to bitch about anymore.

8 hours ago, failos said:

@Chuckster70?  Come on give the guy a chance. Week probation or something…it’s not like we have anything better to do here.

I hate you all.  I’d 100% bring @Lifetime back before I brought Claude back. 

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I’m sure both are here under different names anyways. But I always loved watching you and Claude bickering 

Oh I enjoyed bickering with him as well.  But we’ve never had anyone on here worse than him when the team was going through a rough patch. AO vents about how they are playing now but Clod would revel in it.  It’s rough enjoy enjoying baseball when they play like this, the last thing we need on here is “the I told you so guy” that celebrates poor performance.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh I enjoyed bickering with him as well.  But we’ve never had anyone on here worse than him when the team was going through a rough patch. AO vents about how they are playing now but Clod would revel in it.  It’s rough enjoy enjoying baseball when they play like this, the last thing we need on here is “the I told you so guy” that celebrates poor performance.  

Agreed