• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Last of the Mohicans, 1992. Absolutely one of my favourite movies of all time. It's on Encore tonight.

There are some editing issues that made it seem like it was a 3 hour movie that they told Michael Mann to cut to make it shorter, but despite that it's still awesome.

Great story, awesome battles, great soundtrack, a little romance...

Totally should've thrown some nudity in, though.

fancy boy

speaking of post-apocalyptic guitar players...

one of my all time favorite idie movies is Six String Samurai.

the soundtrack kicks ass too. done by a great band The Red Elvises (they are fun live too, playing here in SF all the time).

basically in the 50s russia nuked the US, and all that is left is the dessert town of "Lost Vegas" run by King Elvis.

eventually elvis dies so this dude on the radio calls for all musicians to come to try and take his place as the new king.

so this buddy holly looking cat comes out with a guitar and a samurai sword, and travels the dessert with this little kid he saved.

anyways, it's awesome.

project-six-string-samurai.jpg

Edited by mrwicked

Last of the Mohicans, 1992. Absolutely one of my favourite movies of all time. It's on Encore tonight.

There are some editing issues that made it seem like it was a 3 hour movie that they told Michael Mann to cut to make it shorter, but despite that it's still awesome.

you're an attorney. can't you do something about it?

the soundtrack kicks ass too. done by a great band The Red Elvises (they are fun live too, playing here in SF all the time).

basically in the 50s russia nuked the US, and all that is left is the dessert town of "Lost Vegas" run by King Elvis.

eventually elvis dies so this dude on the radio calls for all musicians to come to try and take his place as the new king.

so this buddy holly looking cat comes out with a guitar and a samurai sword, and travels the dessert with this little kid he saved.

anyways, it's awesome.

is judge reinhold in it?

if not, stop wasting my time, man.

I agree. Would've been so much better it we could have seen Daniel Day-Lewis' massive wang.

anyways, it's awesome.

Hmm.  60% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It just sounds like a movie to get drunk/high and watch with a bunch of junk food.  

Hmm.  60% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It just sounds like a movie to get drunk/high and watch with a bunch of junk food.  

huh.

well its not godfather, sister act 2, or citizen kane.

and i havent seen it in 17 years.

and i likely wasnt sober when i did see it.

but i do remember that its got a cool name and the soundtrack rocks.

so its basically a masterpiece.

Peaky Blinders a Netflix only series. Pretty ****ing good.

I re-watched it recently. The story is solid. The acting and dialogue is excellent. And I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I think the musical choices, and how they work them into the general feel of the story, are just superb. Directorially, it's one of the more interesting shows out there.

What's wrong with fiction?

Are you trying to say my literary studies degree is worthless?!?!?!?!?!

And yeah, I like The Martian. Several of my students are reading it during silent reading every day now, too.

Do their lips move?

And lol @ silent reading. Just call it what it is - teacher wants to scour the interwebs so stfu

I feel like Ray Donovan I'd a good slow burn. Like most of the best it gets off, but we'll worth it if you like crime dramas.

Cell phone literacy, bottom line is it's great. It does seem to start off slow with that grab at the end of every episode, and as mentioned it it beyond solid right now. Even slow I think it's good. It's great.