• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Lots of good shows are cancelled prematurely.  Be it poor marketing or lack of an audience.

Anyway this season of True Detective is pretty crappy.  They are going way over the top with the drama and action movie shit.  The last season was so much better through four episodes.

Antman

Was much better than I thought it would be.  I went into the movie with neutral expectations.  It had some good laughs in it.  The action was good, but not overwhelming.  And they definitely made an effort to tie it into the current Marvel Universe.  

Overall, if you like the superhero type movies.  You will probably enjoy this movie, but it is not a must see in the theaters.  Also, this movie really didn't feel like a superhero movie.  

Started watching Banshee.  It seems to be a clone of Justified after the first episode, but I'll give it a chance as it has way more naked chicks in it.

I was truck at how the premise of True Detective 2 is now about the "Three Stooges of misery" as the three investigators seem to be swirling down the drain faster that Vince Vaughns' character.

I introduced my daughters to the classic work Airplane last night!  The older one loved it, while the younger one was updating-status through the whole thing...

Naw, it's slower. You are in line with a majority, I bet.

I think I'm just hopeful because the first one was so good, so I'm giving it a chance to be something great.

I dig the noir type thing they go for with the series, so I already would think it's good. Being realistic, this season is lacking.

This is pretty much in line with how I feel about this season.

Ant-Man- 4/5

This might be Marvel's best standalone movie yet. I was blown away by Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, Corey Stoll etc. etc. What a solid story. The heist type flick was something new to Marvel. Some pretty cool cameos and unexpected twists. A real grounded movie.

Ant-Man- 4/5

This might be Marvel's best standalone movie yet. I was blown away by Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, Corey Stoll etc. etc. What a solid story. The heist type flick was something new to Marvel. Some pretty cool cameos and unexpected twists. A real grounded movie.

Michael Pena's storytelling had me rolling.

I watched two flicks on the flight back from Hawaii.

- gangster squad: meh. visually fun, but pretty bland story/dialogue. reminded me of black dahlia. 

- a theory of everything: loved this. i had 10 mins to go before they cut off all movies. a**holes. so i still need to watch the last few bits of it. but i thought it was great. better than the imitation game, but just under a beautiful mind.

i liked the last scene. 

8/10 is exactly what i'd give it, too.

SPOILER

I think maybe I was just disappointed he survived. When Norton made a huge deal about his gun I recognized the foreshadowing. When he went on stage with the new piece I thought it would be awesome if he offed himself in the name of art.

Jurassic World - C

I missed the first 30 minutes, and it didn't make any kind of difference for the story. There are absolutely no surprises in this movie.

Self/less - B

Real interesting concept about living beyond what your body provides. There are some gaps in the story, but they aren't bad enough to ruin the film. I discovered I have a bit of a mancrush on Ryan Reynolds.