• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

The Shield really got cooking about 5 eps into the first season.

By the end of season 2, I didn't see any reason to keep watching. Felt like the writers got bored.

I know that Glenn Close showed up in a later season, and that combined with the episode of The West Wing that she did was what set her up for "Damages," which I thoroughly enjoyed.

You should have kept watching. The Forest Whitaker season is my favorite television of all time.

Glad you guys brought BOB up.

I LOVE that series. Got addicted to studying their campaign, they were involved in some of the biggest actions of the war, right place right time kind of thing.

The pacific didnt do it for me. It seemed too choppy and aside from leckie most of the characters didnt really do it for me.

As far as the difference between the pacific theater and ETO, yeah, the guys in europe had some perks...prior to landing. Afterwards maybe some to a point. But you could easily argue they had it worse in europe.

Case in point....the army lost more people at the bulge (in 6 weeks) than the USMC lost in the entire pacfic war. And the bulge overshadowed the hurtgen campaign, which no one except history geeks like me really remembers (which again dwarfed any pacific campaign).

Heres another pretty unknown fact. The general feeling is that the Marines fought in the PTO with the Army on the ETO. While its true there were no Marines in europe, the Army was very much involved in the pacific...19K Marines KIA in the pacific..30K sailors (the japanese navy was top tier)....roughly 100K soldiers.

The Marine Corps does a very good job reminding its own and outsiders of its history, the army not so much. Names like Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal and Saipan are very much remembered. The Phillipines campaign, the largest campaign of the pacific war, not so much, nor any of the other non-Marine actions. Not at all taking anything away from the "Nimitz" campaign, just that the Marine Corps is very good at "politically campaigning" so to speak.

On a side note, in terms of BOB and The Pacific, theyre in the initial stages of the next series which focuses on the 8th Air Force bomber crews....

I will be looking forward to this!  My step-Uncle just passed-away recently, and I learned afterward that he was shot down THREE times as a gunner on a bomber...

Saw Mad Max in 3D.  It was pretty amazing, and I'm looking forward to more Max from Miller!

Also saw San Andreas.  It was great as an homage to the classic disaster movies and the effects were great, but the story left-out a lot of reality...

I've been pleasantly surprised by Wayward Pines.  It's entertaining and mysterious enough to hook me so far.

waiting for reviews

i like pratt, and the first jurassic park movie was one of the best movie theater experiences ever for me

Apparently, not many waited for reviews.

It made more than a half billion dollars this weekend.

I'll probably see it next weekend (wife had to watch the original first).

'Jurassic' shatters records

"Jurassic World," the fourth film in the series, became the highest global opener of all time with a staggering $511.8 million in its first days in theaters. It also devoured a number of domestic box office records with a $204.6 million take, the Rentrak media-measurement company estimated on Sunday.

In addition to setting a record for 2015, "Jurassic World" is now the second-highest domestic opening of all time, right behind "Marvel's The Avengers" which took in $207.4 million in 2012. By the time Monday actuals roll in, there is a chance the film could dethrone "Avengers."

Just finished Orange is the New Black 3rd season. Some strange story lines. Went back in time for the inmates to see how they got in the mess that landed them in prison.

Wife and I enjoyed it. Will watch the 4th season when it comes out.

I've gone through 3 seasons of "The Wonder Years"

- Winnie cooper is a whore and cock tease to Kevin Arnold

- Makes me kinda wish I grew up in that era.

Danica McKeller is the pride of UCLA!  She has a degree in mathematics from there and is a huge science/math advocate.

I don't have much enthusiasm to start season 3 of OITNB yet. I've heard multiple people say its below season's 1 and 2.

It's not as good as the first 2 seasons. Since I was already involved with the characters I wanted to watch it. They could of done more and had some flat areas with debatable scenes. But still something to watch that is a little different.