• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Season 2 of Broadchurch just finished its run in the UK at the end of February.

It should air on BBC America and be available on Netflix soon. 

I read that it will take a while to get on Netflix.

I found a leak on youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_yK6t9n0zg

Quality leaves a little to be desired but I watched all eight episodes and I didn't miss a thing.

I am telling you guys, if you liked broadchurch and like the British cop stuff then watch Happy Valley (Netflix) and Line of Duty (Hulu).  Season 2 of Line of Duty is solid.  Very well done.  

I am telling you guys, if you liked broadchurch and like the British cop stuff then watch Happy Valley (Netflix) and Line of Duty (Hulu).  Season 2 of Line of Duty is solid.  Very well done.  

Just finished Happy Valley. My wife and I really enjoyed it. 6 episodes.Thanks for recommending it.

4-4.5/5

Good plot and good acting. BBC does it again.

If you like The Fall and Broadchurch you will like this show.

Ha, redondo

i have togo back and turn on CC a few times per episode

It's a trip. I know they are speaking English, but it's like they have marbles in their mouth and mumble. It would be difficult to live or travel there for an extended period of time.

Edited by Redondo

Noah.

It was free on Amazon Instant Video.

Truly awful.  Not a good biblical epic.  Not a good fantasy film.  Not a good fantasy film built on a biblical epic.  Not a good movie in any way.  Felt like a made for tv movie where they made the choice to use 20% of their budget on fx instead of 10%.  

Aronofsky is a gifted film maker. Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler.  I state these as an incantation against Noah, and look forward to Aronofsky's next film.   

Agree 100%. Noah sucked. Couldn't even get through the whole movie. 

"Last man on earth" FXX.  I really liked the first episode, but by the second you could see that Phil was really lost without a lot of background noise to hide his lies.  It's still pretty funny, and I'll keep watching it.

"Let's be Cops".  Watched this last night after work and, luckily, I had a few beers and a shot of whiskey to enjoy with it.  It has some pretty funny set-ups, and anything with Rob Riggle is alright by me.  At the end, I think they tried to make a statement about how the boys learned a new-found respect for Cops, along with their own confidence.  Worth a watch, if it's in your cable package.

"CBGB"  Alan Rickman plays the owner of the famous NYC punk club.  He opened it hoping to bring country music to New York...  I thought it was really cool to see the first-steps of the likes of "The Dead Boys" "Blondie" and "Talking Heads."  Anyone who loves music should invest in this story (the movie was enjoyable too!).

"The Gambler" - D- out of 10.  I'm not sure what was worse: how pretentious every character in this movie was or how boring it was.  Everybody got to make a speech which didn't seem to do anything other than convince us that they were all blowhards in love with their own shallow, deep-on-the-surface ideas.  Nothing or nobody at all to root for in the movie.  

"The Gambler" - D- out of 10.  I'm not sure what was worse: how pretentious every character in this movie was or how boring it was.  Everybody got to make a speech which didn't seem to do anything other than convince us that they were all blowhards in love with their own shallow, deep-on-the-surface ideas.  Nothing or nobody at all to root for in the movie.  

So they didn't know when to fold 'em.