• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Noah - F

where do i start . . . i can't stand when someone takes a well known bible story and then completely screws around with it. i didn't understand at all the large rock monsters that protected noah and helped him build the ark. i didn't understand why two of the sons weren't married. i didn't understand why there was a stowaway onboard the ark.

i'm glad this was on a free preview weekend and that i didn't pay money to see this in the theater.

Edited by Tank

I have been on a documentary tear for the last 3 weeks or so, any free time I've had I've put it towards watching random documentaries. 

Cropsey, The Bridge, Dear Zachary (the most gut-wrenching documentary I've watched), Aileen Wournos, Prohibition, Knuckle, The Imposter, Crazy Love, Child of Rage, Into the Abyss, 

Most of the above were solid, some very depressing, some straight psychotic.

Any recommendations? 

Noah - F

where do i start . . . i can't stand when someone takes a well known bible story and then completely screws around with it. i didn't understand at all the large rock monsters that protected noah and helped him build the ark. i didn't understand why two of the sons weren't married. i didn't understand why there was a stowaway onboard the ark.

i'm glad this was on a free preview weekend and that i didn't pay money to see this in the theater.

I was wondering about those rock monsters. I didn't watch the movie, but it was on while I was flipping through channels and I stopped for a couple of minutes. I was thinking, "Why are there rock creatures building the ark?" Really strange. So, I changed the channel and put on something that made sense: What's Happening!! The two-part Doobie Brothers episode. 

I have been on a documentary tear for the last 3 weeks or so, any free time I've had I've put it towards watching random documentaries. 

Cropsey, The Bridge, Dear Zachary (the most gut-wrenching documentary I've watched), Aileen Wournos, Prohibition, Knuckle, The Imposter, Crazy Love, Child of Rage, Into the Abyss, 

Any recommendations? 

The Thin Blue Line

American Movie

The Act of Killing

Tim's Vermeer

An Honest Liar

Life Itself

Man on Wire

Jodorowsky's Dune

Senna

Mistaken for Strangers

Stories We Tell

Anvil: The Story of Anvil

Edited by Sam Sanchez

Any recommendations? 

Project Nim is really good. Same guy who made Man on Wire. The one that premiered on HBO last night, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, was really good too. 

Edited by Ray McKigney

I watched It Follows in theaters over the weekend. Pretty solid 7/10

Been waiting for it since I heard great stuff out of TIFF last year, but just barely getting it's release now.

It's a genuinely effective horror movie as it is actually creepy. It's premise is interesting and takes advantage of it. Great John Carpenter inspired score as well. One of the better recent horror movies.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

Any recommendations? 

Dear Zachary made me really angry at Andrew and his parents. This woman was obviously a psychopath yet they refused to distance themselves until it was too late. 

I know, If I'm watching a movie about a worldwide flood and a dude that builds a boat for two of all the millions of animals on the planet and that despite the need for gene diversity, two of every animal saves every species I don't want some unbelievable rock monsters ruining the f'ing story!

This is already a favorite for post of the year.  

Just watched the Bourne Supremecy. Never was able to catch it from the beginning.

Lot's of action with some long car chase scenes. Interesting plot, but very predictable. Enjoyed it and will watch the others when given a chance. 3.5/5

supremacy is my least favorite of the trilogy...or quadrilogy for that matter.  legacy wasn't great, either, but i'd put it ahead of supremacy.

identity and ultimatum are both among my favorite action/spy films, though. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Just watched Bourne Ultimatum. Very fast paced. Hard to follow the plot at first, but really comes together. Lot's of action and signature scenes from Supremacy. Like looking into the CIA building from across the street somewhere. Some hard to believe parts, but after buying into the series it all comes together. Will watch Legacy and Identity when I get a chance. 4/5