• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@Tank Report back after you watch it.  I hear you have time to waste.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXgQNzYRtei8OdGK0ACKj

time i have. netflix i don't.

once we're used to my new financial status, we'll see. i think we're going to redo our whole tv situation. the price has gone through the roof.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

time i have. netflix i don't.

once we're used to my new financial status, we'll see. i think we're going to redo our whole tv situation. the price has gone through the roof.

I saw it yesterday being top billed for shows to watch on Netflix

I might check it out and if I do I'll let you know if it's any good

Beekeeper. What an intensely stupid movie.

Solving a chain of online data farming/scamimg Hubs with one phone call, then destroying those Hubs and working through the ownership to the top of the food chain while taking out paid assassin's, FBI, Swat and Secret Service protection by one unarmed man known as a Beekeeper. The body count of baddies and innocents rivals Rambo 5 status without even using a chain gun.  

All in all, I'd rather watch the Angels instead. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'd rather watch the Angels instead. 

Harsh.

Beekeeper wasn't the best but it did have Jason Statham which made it worth watching.

Tried to watch Beverly Hills Cop Axel F

Got 30 minutes in and couldn't take it any more

Just what you would expect

They are going through the motions to make money off an original movie

So @Tank if you are a big fan of these movies then maybe you'll enjoy it

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

Tried to watch Beverly Hills Cop Axel F

Got 30 minutes in and couldn't take it any more

Just what you would expect

They are going through the motions to make money off an original movie

So @Tank if you are a big fan of these movies then maybe you'll enjoy it

thanks for the heads up.

i liked the first one, and the second one was okay. number three blew goats. i think i'll pass.

eddie murphy had an incredible run when he first started doing movies. it ended all too soon and rather abruptly. he hasn't been good for a while.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

thanks for the heads up.

i liked the first one, and the second one was okay. number three blew goats. i think i'll pass.

eddie murphy had an incredible run when he first started doing movies. it ended all too soon and rather abruptly. he hasn't been good for a while.

Four is as good as 2.  

The Bear on Hulu

I've watched 5 episodes of S3 and it's as good as the first two.  There's something compelling about the characters that keeps me coming back.  It's different.  It's uncomfortable at times.  It's just good TV, IMO.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

The Bear on Hulu

I've watched 5 episodes of S3 and it's as good as the first two.  There's something compelling about the characters that keeps me coming back.  It's different.  It's uncomfortable at times.  It's just good TV, IMO.

i started watching S1 and found it interesting. sadly, as we're waiting for my retirement money situation to become stable (too many days of waiting!) we've had to cut back on some expenses, and that included canceling hulu, disney+, and a couple other things. 

once the money is rolling back in we'll pick up. i think we're leaning to switching to directv stream, which should cut our cable bill dramatically.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i started watching S1 and found it interesting. sadly, as we're waiting for my retirement money situation to become stable (too many days of waiting!) we've had to cut back on some expenses, and that included canceling hulu, disney+, and a couple other things. 

once the money is rolling back in we'll pick up. i think we're leaning to switching to directv stream, which should cut our cable bill dramatically.

I hope you get to finish it.  S2 was terrific... episode 8 (I think) was tremendous. 

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I hope you get to finish it.  S2 was terrific... episode 8 (I think) was tremendous. 

i think we'll be good to go in september. social security kicked in on july 1, but they aren't sending the july check until august 25. government logic . . .

my retirement account has a 45 day waiting period after my contract ended (june 30), so i have to call back in august and kick that one off. oddly, my old employer and my wife have to sign approval forms in order for me to get my money. 

45 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think we'll be good to go in september. social security kicked in on july 1, but they aren't sending the july check until august 25. government logic . . .

my retirement account has a 45 day waiting period after my contract ended (june 30), so i have to call back in august and kick that one off. oddly, my old employer and my wife have to sign approval forms in order for me to get my money. 

Can you pitch?  I might know of a new opportunity for you to make some extra cash.  The management sucks, but the pay is good.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Good things come to those that wait.

Finished S3 of "The Bear."  Such a terrific show.  It was only ten episodes (like S1 and S2), but rumor has it there will be more sooner than later.  They supposedly shot 18 episodes which is good news because I can't wait to see the story continue.

It's funny how this show can make you feel uncomfortable and sort of inspired at the same time.  It's just so good.

You definitely have to watch a full season before you judge it.  So many pieces come together over time and even from one season to the next.  It definitely piques your interest over and over again. 

The River Murders 

Ray Liotta stars as a detective who has fucked a lot of women in this movie that must have been shot in 4 days. Easily the worst POS I've watched in 15 years. Christian Slater has a small role and his dialogue is so outlandish. 

Strong recommend. I believe it's on Prime

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

The River Murders 

Ray Liotta stars as a detective who has fucked a lot of women in this movie that must have been shot in 4 days. Easily the worst POS I've watched in 15 years. Christian Slater has a small role and his dialogue is so outlandish. 

Strong recommend. I believe it's on Prime

Yellowstone will air new episodes starting November 10 (or was it the 18th). My understanding is that they have 8 episodes left.

It'll be interesting to see how they treat the absence of Kevin Costner since he isn't returning to the show. It makes for some interesting theories about what they'll do with his character. 

Spoiler

since dutton is the governor, the obvious scenario is that they'll kill him off - a heart attack or something similar so they don't have to show him. However, if you think back to S1E1, it starts with him recovering from a car accident on the road, something they never, ever explained in any episode. maybe there's something to it, or maybe not at all, but it could be an avenue to kill him off. 

Clame to fame Season 3 on ABC / HULU

The season just started and it seems like some of these players are playing hard for the $100,000.

Spoiler

Dedrick sad his uncle is of the most famous and iconic people in the world.  He is a singer.  Some think Dedrick is related to Michael Jackson, but his voice sounds more like Smokey Robinson. 

It should be an Interesting season.