• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Fubar

An Arnold Schwarzenegger-led spy comedy/family drama that is good at being neither of those things. Absolutely overflowing with cliches, and it knows that it is. Fortune Feimster is in this for reasons that don’t entirely make sense for her or the show. This show is objectively bad, yet I’ve watched the first seven episodes in the last week.

6 hours ago, Don said:

Fubar

An Arnold Schwarzenegger-led spy comedy/family drama that is good at being neither of those things. Absolutely overflowing with cliches, and it knows that it is. Fortune Feimster is in this for reasons that don’t entirely make sense for her or the show. This show is objectively bad, yet I’ve watched the first seven episodes in the last week.

I watched the first episode and it is very predictable.  I know how it is all likely to go but I have a strange impulse to watch the next episode. 

we finished S4 of Yellowstone. it's been a good series.

they've announced that kevin costner will not return for S6. he's going to start another western series.

my favorite character has been Rip. he's a stand up guy who doesn't put up with foolishness. he also, somehow, is able to see the good in beth that no one else can see.

Smartless: On the Road - MAX

Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Sean Hayes take their Smartless podcast on the road to theaters around the country.  Most of the episode time is spent showing the three before, after and traveling to the shows, just being friends and busting each others chops.  The shows at the theater, before a live audience, include having a guest which only one of them know who it is.

The episode in Washington D.C. had Will Farrell as the guest.  New York had David Letterman.  Both strong episodes.

Edited by Slegnaac

On 5/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, Alfred O. Griffin said:

Silo (AppleTV+)

There are only two episodes out so far, but I’m sold.

Give this one a chance, guys.

3 episodes in, it's really good.

Yellowstone S5

we finished watching it this morning. this is the mid-season break and we read that the rest of the season will air in november. they left off at a point where there are several compelling loose ends that still need to be resolved. looking forward to seeing the rest of S5.

Started watching Silo after seeing others here mention it. Really good show. Good story, well-paced, good acting for the most part. My only real complaint (and it's a fairly minor one) is that the main character's (Juliette) accent is all over the place. Like it somehow seems different in every scene.

finished S7 of Endeavor, and about to finish S8. it's been a good quality show and would be worth your time if you haven't seen it yet.

fwiw, S7 and S8 are each only 3 episodes.

i also started watching Unforgettable on amazon prime. it's about a NYC detective who has that rare and special condition where she remembers absolutely every little detail - dates, colors, license plate numbers, etc., things that most of us just simply miss/ignore. it stars poppy montgomery and she's pretty good in the role.

On 6/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, Don said:

Started watching Silo after seeing others here mention it. Really good show. Good story, well-paced, good acting for the most part. My only real complaint (and it's a fairly minor one) is that the the main character's (Juliette) accent is all over the place. Like it somehow seems different in every scene.

Yeah I noticed that too.