• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  The Recruit  Pretty much a poor man's Jack Ryan.  Not really sure what to make of this show.  It wasn't really an action series.  Wasn't really a spy drama.  Wasn't a legal drama.  Wasn't really a comedy.  This one just lacked direction.  It tried to be everything, and really just went all over the place.  Surprisingly, it's going to have a second season, so maybe I'm not seeing something.  But it's a pass.

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Recruit  Pretty much a poor man's Jack Ryan.  Not really sure what to make of this show.  It wasn't really an action series.  Wasn't really a spy drama.  Wasn't a legal drama.  Wasn't really a comedy.  This one just lacked direction.  It tried to be everything, and really just went all over the place.  Surprisingly, it's going to have a second season, so maybe I'm not seeing something.  But it's a pass.

Yeah, I tried... couldn't get through it

Movie:   John Wick 4  This is pretty much 3 hours of a shooter.  Just mindless action with shooting and action and kung fu.  On par with the other three movies, and the loose story line deals more with friendships within the assassin community.  There is an end credit scene at the very very end of the credits, that just seemed messed up, as in opposite of a happy ending.  And after this scene is their in memory of Lance Reddick which is probably understandable since he passed after everything was made and ready for distribution.  Pretty much a guys popcorn flick.  It was really fun to watch.  Then again, I was laughing at some of the death scenes, where others were gasping.  

16 hours ago, Redondo said:

The Night Agent on Netflix

Started out a little slow in the first 3 episodes, but took off after that

Good series with a strong finish

@Lou thanks for recommending it 👍

This one wasn't a poor man's Jack Ryan.  This was right up there.  Was good, and sets up for future seasons.  

Netflix:  Untold The Race of the Century  A documovie about the 1983 US vs Australia, America's Cup of sailing.  Well done, and had a good bit of interviews with the two skippers, along with a lot of historical footage.  Good to see all the behind the scenes stuff that went along with it.  Especially the tech advancements.  Worth the watch.

Netflix: Mindhunter

boy, this was a really good series with good writing, good characters, and good acting. it revolves around the beginning of the behavioral science unit in the FBI and the process of profiling serial killers. it was well worth the time. most of S2 was spent on the atlanta child murders from 1981, in case some of you remember those. the conclusion to that included things i'd forgotten, and it's a bit heartbreaking.

but be warned - it has one major flaw. it's only two seasons long and ended with several unresolved elements. I wish it would continue for at least two more seasons to deal with things. 

Recently re-watched "Cinderella Man." The movie about boxer, James J. Braddock, starring Russel Crowe and Renee Zellweger.  Just a great movie.  One of my all-time favorites.  A compelling story - although the portrayal of Max Baer was over-the top and not really true to life (from what I understand).  Still a great flick and Paul Giamatti was also terrific.  It's available on Prime and I highly recommend it.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:36 PM, gotbeer said:

This one wasn't a poor man's Jack Ryan.  This was right up there.  Was good, and sets up for future seasons.  

I'm sorry but this was just silly crap. None of this has anything of a reality baseline. It jumps so many sharks that Discovery Channel is suing for stealing their programming. 

17 hours ago, Tank said:

but be warned - it has one major flaw. it's only two seasons long and ended with several unresolved elements. I wish it would continue for at least two more seasons to deal with things. 

The showrunner whinned it was too difficult to shoot and cited burnout. That is just silly since most of the show is set driven with very little they needed to do re-create the time period. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm sorry but this was just silly crap. None of this has anything of a reality baseline. It jumps so many sharks that Discovery Channel is suing for stealing their programming. 

Meh, it was entertaining. 

Netflix:  Outlast  A reality tv series, where 16 people are dropped into Alaska, and they have to break up into 4 teams and try to outlast the other contestants.  It's not as survivalist as some shows.  Probably closer to the level of Survivor, but in a harsher climate.  And this one really showed the human spirit both bad and good.  The bad were really bad in this one.  Really will only be interesting for someone that has an interest in camping with light survivalist interests.  Probably a pass for everyone else.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Outlast  A reality tv series, where 16 people are dropped into Alaska, and they have to break up into 4 teams and try to outlast the other contestants.  It's not as survivalist as some shows.  Probably closer to the level of Survivor, but in a harsher climate.  And this one really showed the human spirit both bad and good.  The bad were really bad in this one.  Really will only be interesting for someone that has an interest in camping with light survivalist interests.  Probably a pass for everyone else.  

Terrible show.

Watch Alone instead. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Terrible show.

Watch Alone instead. 

The XL version of Naked and Afraid is pretty good, too. They do 40 day and 60 day challenges in some fairly inhospitable places, naked, with only one tool each (not the ten they are allowed to take on Alone). No prize money, this is all about personal goals and endurance, with some pretty nifty Stone age skills on show. The XL series are well worth a watch if you're into survival and ancient skills.