• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Starting to get back to Walking Dead....I think a season and half behind.

We started watching The Wire because the other half hasn't seen it, but a couple episodes in it looks like HBO is going to put out HD versions on HBO Go and on their channels, so we will wait for that. The version they have now does suck.

enders game: B+

i liked the story and can see how kids liked this story (several of my students read the book). ender is placed in a bigger situation than he realizes, utilizing/exploiting his talent, and once he realizes what he's done, he seeks to right a perceived wrong. interesting.

percy jackson and the sea of monsters: B

another teen book turned movie (i like to keep in touch with what my students read). left out a lot of things from the book once again, but the story plays well on the screen and kept my interest.

• 2 weeks later...

21 jump street on a hungover afternoon.

was actually pretty decent.

i thought jonah hill was annoying in superbad, but in this and "this is the end" he actually made me laugh

the dude from magic mike had some funny line too

tumblr_m6pmn7BCoC1qho3tro1_500.gif

watched the sequel to this.

not as good as the first, but still fun.

I started watching Blackpool. Watched the 3 episodes of Season 1 (BBC show). Not sure how I feel about it. Kind of a Twilight Zone for the technology age. First episode involves attempting to blackmail the prime minister to cornhole a pig. There's a Season 2 that I probably won't watch, I discovered House of Cards instead. Half way through Season 1...what a great show.

I just watched a couple of random episodes of Modern Family.

I think it's actually kind of brilliant.  Best network tv comedy writing since AD and Frasier before that. 

Wish I would have given it a chance before.  

i was surprised at the quality as well.

the big dude makes me laugh every time.

the one-liners from the mexican kid and the adopted daughter get stale though.