• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Only about a couple decades of lost shows. Sadly it doesn't list my first broadcast clients for Telemundo when I worked on Tu Musica, Desde Hollywood and Fama Y Fortuna. My Spanish is really poor and the Host/ EP, Luca Bentivoglio, was only sort of fluent, he was actually an Italian doing Spanish Television. 

You don't by any chance know Greg Fitzsimmons (not the comedian with that name...), do you? He was an editor on a few episodes of Bachelor/Bachelorette, though his most frequent gig was Dancing with the Stars. 

Since I am the online editor, story cutting isn't part of my job so I don't have contact with any of the editorial staff outside of the finishing editor. I only know Greg by credits and at any one time we can have over 25 editors credited on any given show. Many just do one act here or there and then it's handed off to someone else to cut it up and then down the line until the actual finishing editor does the final ABC approved cut.

So Greg could have been involved in several episodes, one act each, then moved on to any other project. But over the last three years all of our editorial wasn't allowed in the office due to Covid protocols so my only contact for a while has been remote via phone, email or Evercast.

I was going into the office, being only one of 14 that had clearence due to job requirements, but over the last 8 months we hooked up a server that allows me to work entirely from home.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I play golf on the weekend and work on Sports cars. Sorry I'm not living a garage band fantasy while thinking sitting on the bench calling yourself a manager is playing baseball.

You could only dream about being me, nerd.

Netflix: MH370, the plane that disappeared 

lots of information about the missing flight from Malaysia Airlines, some interesting, some credible, and lots of speculation. Forgot that this happened 3/8/2014. Also forgot how incredibly incompetent the leaders of Malaysia acted. 
Still no final decision on what happened.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fun fact.  

Halle Berry and Michelle Yeoh are the only people of color to win Best Actress.  

Halle Berry represented the US in the Miss World 1986.  Michelle Yeoh represented Malaysia in the Miss World 1983.

Both were Bond girls.  Berry in Die Another Day.  Michelle Yeoh in Tomorrow Never Dies.

#oscarssowhite

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fun fact.  

Halle Berry and Michelle Yeoh are the only people of color to win Best Actress.  

Halle Berry represented the US in the Miss World 1986.  Michelle Yeoh represented Malaysia in the Miss World 1983.

Both were Bond girls.  Berry in Die Another Day.  Michelle Yeoh in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Going down the rabbit hole even further.

Todd Field has directed 12 films.  Last year he directed Tar.  Cate Blanchett was nominated for Best Actress in that movie and lost to Michelle Yeoh.

In 2001, Todd Field Directed In the Bedroom.  Sissy Spacek was nominated for Best Actress in that movie, and lost to Halle Berry.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Going down the rabbit hole even further.

Todd Field has directed 12 films.  Last year he directed Tar.  Cate Blanchett was nominated for Best Actress in that movie and lost to Michelle Yeoh.

In 2001, Todd Field Directed In the Bedroom.  Sissy Spacek was nominated for Best Actress in that movie, and lost to Halle Berry.

Field has only directed three feature-length films.  His other directing credits are shorts and TV episodes.

37 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That actually makes it more improbable of a six degrees of bacon.  But to his credit, a pretty impressive batting average.

...and speaking of batting average, there's a baseball connection to Todd Field: he was one of the two guys who came up with the idea of Big League Chew bubble gum.  No joke.

16 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I didn't watch the Oscars last night but made it a point to watch Short Round/Data's acceptance speech today. So awesome.

_xlarge.webp

Quan is a genuinely nice guy and his amazement at and gratitude for what has happened to him over the past year is sincere.  He's got a couple of things either shooting or already in the can, and I hope that he has more work coming his way.  He deserves it.

(Side note: if you're a fan of Ford, definitely check out Shrinking on Apple TV+.  It's the best role he's had in years--and it shows that he's a gifted comedian, too.)