• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 2/12/2023 at 8:32 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Good movie but I really couldn't believe how they left...

Reveal hidden contents

... the dude getting killed like a week later to a note before the credits. To me that's the story. To go through all that only to get killed... maybe they thought it was too dark an ending, or left it out out of respect to the guys family.

Spoiler

The way I remember the movie the guy's (Ken Miles) death was a part of the story, not just a footnote as you implied.

Netflix:  Yakamoz S-245  A Turkish end of the world series, about a solar flare killing everyone but people underwater or deep underground.  It's all over the place, and poorly written.  The characters are pretty much the most illogical annoying people.  I love end of the world flicks, but this was a hard one to get through.  Concept was good enough.  After that, it just jumped the shark.  

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Yakamoz S-245  A Turkish end of the world series, about a solar flare killing everyone but people underwater or deep underground.  It's all over the place, and poorly written.  The characters are pretty much the most illogical annoying people.  I love end of the world flicks, but this was a hard one to get through.  Concept was good enough.  After that, it just jumped the shark.  

I never knew the Turks made the World Series.

Finally finished S3 of Succession

Spoiler

Kind of disappointed in this season. Same plot as the other seasons. Kendall trying to take over with no plan. Shiv and Roman who are worthless. Then the dialog is weak and all over the place. They talk about nothing and get nothing done. It did finish strong and S4 is coming out in March. Not sure if I'll watch it.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Hide contents

Kind of disappointed in this season. Same plot as the other seasons. Kendall trying to take over with no plan. Shiv and Roman who are worthless. Then the dialog is weak and all over the place. They talk about nothing and get nothing done. It did finish strong and S4 is coming out in March. Not sure if I'll watch it.

Pretty much my thoughts and how I felt. I even said the same thing here when I watched last year. Good show with good writing, but extremely repetitive. If you take a step back and actually look at the plot, you start to go, "How many seasons are they going to keep doing the same bullshit?"

Netflix:  Full Swing  The Golf Docuseries.  It was a good season.  Really more of a golf fan series than a casual viewer series.  They kind of focus on one or two players per episode, mainly on those that did well in a major.  Just on the odds, the number of players they must have followed to do this docuseries must have been massive.  But they really focus on not only the players, but the families also.  A lot of behind the scenes stuff.  I thought it was really well done, and was an enjoyable season.  

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Full Swing  The Golf Docuseries.  It was a good season.  Really more of a golf fan series than a casual viewer series.  They kind of focus on one or two players per episode, mainly on those that did well in a major.  Just on the odds, the number of players they must have followed to do this docuseries must have been massive.  But they really focus on not only the players, but the families also.  A lot of behind the scenes stuff.  I thought it was really well done, and was an enjoyable season.  

My friend who lets me use her Netflix account sent me a text about this and really enjoyed it...and she's not a sports or golf fan. She recommended it to me. I think it's similar to the F1 series they do and it just so happened that as they were filming the whole LIV thing happened. Curious to watch this.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My friend who lets me use her Netflix account sent me a text about this and really enjoyed it...and she's not a sports or golf fan. She recommended it to me. I think it's similar to the F1 series they do and it just so happened that as they were filming the whole LIV thing happened. Curious to watch this.

Yes, LIV does play a lot into the series.  But they stay pretty objective about it.  Actually they devote some time to Poulter and DJ, and their reasons for going.  

The Usual Suspects

Really good show with some big twists

Very well acted and Kevin Spacey with all his warts did a terrific job in this movie

Fury

Realistic WWII movie and worth the watch

Really graphic and well done

Brad Pitt nailed his role

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Thought it was decent. Probably my favorite part was in episode 1 seeing the behind the scenes of the Justin Thomas PGA Championship win, and then episode 7 you got to see the collapse from Pereira's view.

The Joel Dahmen episode was good as well. I looked it up after watching and he's made $1.2m already this year.

Joel Dahmen PGA TOUR Results
https://www.pgatour.com/player/34076/joel-dahmen/results

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

The Usual Suspects

Really good show with some big twists

Very well acted and Kevin Spacey with all his warts did a terrific job in this movie

Fury

Realistic WWII movie and worth the watch

Really graphic and well done

Brad Pitt nailed his role

Good ones. 

Usual Suspects is an all-time great and that was also Spacey's breakout role.

Fury was good. It had Jon Bernthal who has slowly become one of my favorite actors. Dude nails his roles and I think I mentioned it here, but that role he played in Shot Caller was aces. His roles and the fact he's in a bunch of movies I like help. But he was recently on Rogan and kept it real and told a wild story where he knocked out a bully in Santa Monica and the dude was close to dead and he was going to look at prison and possibly life, but turned his life around and we see what has happened. He also has his own podcast that pops up on my YT feed called Real One's or something like that and he goes deep on people's past, history, and how they became successful or overcome hardships.....it's really good. I like this dude.

The Color Purple

Was just flipping through channels late last night and caught this near the beginning. Haven’t seen it since it’s original theatrical release in 1985. 

It’s held up well because it’s a story about another time, not today. Whoopi Goldberg, Danny Glover, and Oprah are the headliners in a very touching and moving story. It takes place in Georgia starting around 1909 and revolves around two sisters, one that’s given to Glover in marriage when she’s just a kid, and the other one who is banished from seeing her again after a failed rape attempt by Glover. It’s based on the book by Alice Walker and is well worth your time. 

Been binging The Goldbergs on Hulu. It's a silly sitcom and the characters are way over the top. It's about Jewish family in the Philadelphia area and is based loosely on the home videos of a guy named Adam Goldberg. It has a lot of 80's references in it. It's kind of mindless, but I've enjoyed it. It's a good break from everything else. I guess there's a reason It's been around for 10 years.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:32 AM, Redondo said:

Hide contents

I thought the season started out kind of uneven but ended very well. I'm excited for S4. Still my favorite current show on TV.

On 2/18/2023 at 10:01 PM, Brandon said:

Yeah, it's basically a direct re-creation of Drive to Survive, but with golf. Same format/structure and style. I'm sure the PGA saw what that series did for F1 in the US and was like "Can we be next please?" As GB said, people that are already fans of golf will probably enjoy it, yet the show is very clearly aimed at people that know nothing about golf. Like they spend a lot of time talking about how tournaments work, explaining scoring, etc... I remember a huge text graphic at one point explaining what a bogey is for instance.

Netflix:  Oats Studios  A 2020 Canadian series.  Each episode is it's own story, some long, some short.  Mostly Sci Fi, but not in the Dark Mirror type of Sci Fi.  A few deal with end of the world stuff.  The first two episodes could be full fledge series, especially the Sigourney Weaver one.  They get really strange after those initial episodes though, with one or two phenomenal ones.  Mostly dealing with psychotic tendencies.  If you like dark Sci Fi, this is a good series for you.  

10 hours ago, Don said:

Yeah, it's basically a direct re-creation of Drive to Survive, but with golf. Same format/structure and style. I'm sure the PGA saw what that series did for F1 in the US and was like "Can we be next please?" As GB said, people that are already fans of golf will probably enjoy it, yet the show is very clearly aimed at people that know nothing about golf. Like they spend a lot of time talking about how tournaments work, explaining scoring, etc... I remember a huge text graphic at one point explaining what a bogey is for instance.

I see what you mean, dude. I started this tonight and it's clearly aimed at casuals, but I see why it works and how it would would have worked for the F1 series.

A little too melodramatic (for the casuals), but I always enjoy just about any behind the scenes type stuff of things I'm into. I'll probably watch all of them and dig it.

I forgot JT came back from 7 down to win the PGA.