• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

All Quiet On The Western Front

I'm pretty much over war movies at this point but I think there was something here that made this one worthwhile. The majority of the story takes place near the end of WWI, with defeat for the German's all but guaranteed. This is a story from the German perspective, not meant to romanticize or justify anything, but to examine the experience of the defeated, losing on the battle field, losing in the eyes of the people, losing at the negotiation table and losing back at home. While this film gives you all the gory details of a war that spanned several years and took millions of lives, the focus is on the seeds of the war to come that were planted there on that final day.

Pepsi, Where's My Jet

Netflix Documentary Series, 4 episodes 

About a Pepsi promotion from the 90s where you could get cool stuff by drinking Pepsi and sending in points.

The Pepsi commercial showed a Harrier Jet for 7,000,000 points.

This is about a kid in his 20s that figured out how to fulfill the requirements, something Pepsi never expected.

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Pepsi, Where's My Jet

Netflix Documentary Series, 4 episodes 

About a Pepsi promotion from the 90s where you could get cool stuff by drinking Pepsi and sending in points.

The Pepsi commercial showed a Harrier Jet for 7,000,000 points.

This is about a kid in his 20s that figured out how to fulfill the requirements, something Pepsi never expected.

I remember when that happened. I'll have to check it out.

Netflix:  Manifest Season 4  I don't know, I just couldn't get through this season.  It was heading for the ramp to jump the shark, and I just think Season 4 finally did it.  I lost interest after the first episode of season 4, and it was just background noise through a few episodes until I finally gave up.  

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

All Quiet On The Western Front

I'm pretty much over war movies at this point but I think there was something here that made this one worthwhile. The majority of the story takes place near the end of WWI, with defeat for the German's all but guaranteed. This is a story from the German perspective, not meant to romanticize or justify anything, but to examine the experience of the defeated, losing on the battle field, losing in the eyes of the people, losing at the negotiation table and losing back at home. While this film gives you all the gory details of a war that spanned several years and took millions of lives, the focus is on the seeds of the war to come that were planted there on that final day.

I think I read that book in high school.

I started watching Succession, too. I think I have two episodes (that I’ll finish today) left of season 3 then the wait until season 4 in spring of next year.

I was hoping for a little better, but watching some of the recaps and reading a bit more of the back stories, I’m hanging in there. All they did was use the HBO formula that they used with Entourage and Ballers, but with a family business dynamic…..it’s rather astounding how within the construct of the timeline there is a new issue, problem, drama, etc. all while everyone plays “I Spy”

They tried a little too hard to make the characters each unique and quirky, but they also balance it at times and give some of them depth or make them more nuanced.

Greg and his damn muttering nonstop is too much.

He just did his his famous duet with Kiki Dee (don’t go breaking my heart). She sounded like she was 147. She couldn’t keep up with the tempo of the song. It was the kind of performance that made you say “no wonder she was a one-hit wonder.”

Lots of people dressed up in various Elton John costumes tonight. 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Elton is two hours into his concert. He sounds every bit of being 76, but it’s good to hear so many of his big hits. 

Yeah, his voice is definitely not what it once was, especially after this tour.  But he's always a great performer, regardless. I was lucky enough to see him three years ago in Vegas for the first show after he'd taken a hiatus. Sounded much better!