• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

As for the movie in question, it's not as overtly laugh-out-loud funny as the '83 one, but it's sweet, charming, and (as I mentioned above) very emotionally satisfying.  Deals a lot with what being a dad/parent really means, the value of family legacy, etc.  It's made by people who have a deep love of the original and of Jean Shepherd's work in general.

That sounds better than the trailer.

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I know you're not complaining about this (at least I don't think you are), but anytime someone in a focus group complains to me that they don't like that studios put all the best parts in a trailer, I always ask, "Well, would you go see it if they showed you the bad parts?"

I don’t think this is meant to be a criticism of the trailer.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, Lou said:

No, haven't started it. I'm watching Babylon Berlin and Pennyworth right now. 

And the T20 World Cup.

Technically you would have to call it a Coup d'état.  What do you think of that?

As a rule, if you have use French words for something, I don't like it.

Some real gems in Pennyworth.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:47 PM, Redondo said:

Lol, made a mistake

My phone auto corrected and I didn't catch it

Deadwind S4

I watched the first season in a mega-binge of Nordic Noir shows a couple months ago, but didn't like it as much as some of the others. I the sidekick was a bit annoying, and their romance lacked any chemistry. But the main plot was solid. How do later seasons compare?

Watched the first season of The Tunnel (UK), British crime procedural. Pretty good stuff, with Stannis Baratheon as the main character. Started S2 and it didn't grab me.

Loved The Bear on Hulu.

Tried The Sandman - which I read back when it came out 33 years ago. Couldn't get into it. I dislike "whimsical" fantasy...it makes me feel like a 15-year old goth girl.

Completed Gangs of London season 1. I liked everything but the ending which jumped the shark. 

Spoiler

You cannot take out a skyscraper killing hundreds and have any walk away from it possibilities. Turning businessman/mobster into a terrorist is a dead end plot line. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Completed Gangs of London season 1. I liked everything but the ending which jumped the shark. 

Hide contents

You cannot take out a skyscraper killing hundreds and have any walk away from it possibilities. Turning businessman/mobster into a terrorist is a dead end plot line. 

Agree.

Season 2 is better, imo.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I watched the first season in a mega-binge of Nordic Noir shows a couple months ago, but didn't like it as much as some of the others. I the sidekick was a bit annoying, and their romance lacked any chemistry. But the main plot was solid. How do later seasons compare?

Not as good as they could be, but still good

Since I like those type of shows it was worth watching for me