• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I thought Interstellar was fantastic. Might be my favorite Nolan film. Definitely the most "human" film he's done, and the questions it raises about space/time, empathy, survival, humanity, and love are fascinating. I might go see it again in IMAX.

Interstellar.  Torn on it.  Thought it was very long on the tooth.  Too much setup for stuff, which accounts for it being an almost a 3 hour movie.  

It also got weird at the end.  

It was a good movie, but they could have cut the movie by 30 minutes and still accomplished the same goal.

I saw Birdman today. One of the best-acted movies I've seen in recent memory. Also brilliantly shot, with several "long take" scenes. Even so, there was something about it I didn't particularly like, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe the fact that none of the characters are particularly likable.

Nightcrawler - B.  This movie and the protagonist could be a spiritual successor to "American Psycho."  Nothing great, predictable, but still entertaining.

Let's Be Cops - B-.  Yeah, it's dumb, impossible, has a Wayans in it, and it's dumb.  Still has a lot of funny moments and the two leads play well together.  Plus, and I know this makes me sound like a dirty old man, Nina Dobrev makes it watchable.  

I saw Birdman today. One of the best-acted movies I've seen in recent memory. Also brilliantly shot, with several "long take" scenes. Even so, there was something about it I didn't particularly like, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe the fact that none of the characters are particularly likable.

I loved it.

Nightcrawler - B.  This movie and the protagonist could be a spiritual successor to "American Psycho."  Nothing great, predictable, but still entertaining.

Let's Be Cops - B-.  Yeah, it's dumb, impossible, has a Wayans in it, and it's dumb.  Still has a lot of funny moments and the two leads play well together.  Plus, and I know this makes me sound like a dirty old man, Nina Dobrev makes it watchable.  

Well, if the trenchcoat fits.............

Thanks to Adam raving about it I gave Impractical Jokers another chance. Glad I did. It's freaking hilarious.

The presentations and focus groups are the best. I think also, all 4 of them are so likable in their own way. Funny stuff most of the time.