• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

The Town

One of my favorites, so I bought the Blu-ray for the extended version and what I thought was the alternate ending. Kind of a new experience watching it because every scene was different. A few parts that needed to be out, but some of the stuff cut out went really well with the movie.

The Town

One of my favorites, so I bought the Blu-ray for the extended version and what I thought was the alternate ending. Kind of a new experience watching it because every scene was different. A few parts that needed to be out, but some of the stuff cut out went really well with the movie.

This is your TAJJBTCRF. How many times have you seen it now?

Yeah....I've seen it more times than Eastern Promises.

Overall, I probably have it #1 just over Babel.

It's the guy's heist flick, chicks romance dealio, and overall quality action/drama. I also dig Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, and Rebecca Hall. The film score was aces, too. It's the perfect movie to me.

Jesse James was a good flick and totally the same where someone loves it but everyone else thinks it's just good. It's exactly your JJ.

Not sure how many times I've seen it. Heat was top notch to me and this was better. I think I saw it twice in theater, a bunch on HBO or whatever movie channel it was on, TNT (and when you watch a flick continuously where they edit curse words, etc. It means something), maybe a couple times on standard dvd, and then Blu-ray. The thing is I got a new tv and soundbar and am being that nerd that is all into visuals and sound, so I wanted to buy my first Blu-ray. I thought this was the one with the alternate ending, but that's the collectors edition....which is probably next. But yeah, I've even watched all the dvd extras and even started the movie with commentary which is total obsession territory.

Edited by Brandon

Starred Up - 8/10

Gritty British prison drama. The lead kid Jack O'Connell is awesome in this, as is Ben Mendelsohn. The performances alone carry this a long way.

Seven Men from Now -  8/10

Great western starring Randolph Scott. This is my second Boetticher/Scott western, and have enjoyed both.

Started watching The Walking Dead.

We are 5 or so episodes in. It's good, entertaining.

Very Frank Darabont (can get a little campy at times, but still fun).

Love the guy from the green mile being in it.

I love the show!  It gets a little slow from time to time, but stick with it.  I tried reading the comics along with watching it, but the story lines were very different.  I'll probably finish the comic after watching the series, so I'm not too confused.

I love the show!  It gets a little slow from time to time, but stick with it.  I tried reading the comics along with watching it, but the story lines were very different.  I'll probably finish the comic after watching the series, so I'm not too confused.

The video game is better than the show IMO. Never read the comics though.

oblivion 5/10

typical doomsday sci-fi picture with tom cruise. the only twist i like was with his wife. the rest of it was pretty standard fare for these types of movies. not much originality in it.

Yeah.. I'd rather just watch Minority Report again..

Yeah....I've seen it more times than Eastern Promises.

Overall, I probably have it #1 just over Babel.

It's the guy's heist flick, chicks romance dealio, and overall quality action/drama. I also dig Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, and Rebecca Hall. The film score was aces, too. It's the perfect movie to me.

Jesse James was a good flick and totally the same where someone loves it but everyone else thinks it's just good. It's exactly your JJ.

Not sure how many times I've seen it. Heat was top notch to me and this was better. I think I saw it twice in theater, a bunch on HBO or whatever movie channel it was on, TNT (and when you watch a flick continuously where they edit curse words, etc. It means something), maybe a couple times on standard dvd, and then Blu-ray. The thing is I got a new tv and soundbar and am being that nerd that is all into visuals and sound, so I wanted to buy my first Blu-ray. I thought this was the one with the alternate ending, but that's the collectors edition....which is probably next. But yeah, I've even watched all the dvd extras and even started the movie with commentary which is total obsession territory.

I will have to do a double-feature with the two flicks.. Heat rates higher for me now (mostly for the fact that most of the heists have actually happened), but The Town gets better with each viewing..

Edge of Tomorrow: Fantastic, though the ending is a bit puzzling. 9/10.

Was surprised how poorly that film did at the box office.  Opening weekend was packed, and I thought word of mouth was good.  Wonder if it just got lost among all the other big films?  Because I thought it was one of the better films of the summer.

I will have to do a double-feature with the two flicks.. Heat rates higher for me now (mostly for the fact that most of the heists have actually happened), but The Town gets better with each viewing..

I instantly drop Heat down a few points simply because Pacino is annoying as shit with his meth head antics.

Was surprised how poorly that film did at the box office.  Opening weekend was packed, and I thought word of mouth was good.  Wonder if it just got lost among all the other big films?  Because I thought it was one of the better films of the summer.

It looks like they've recently somewhat re-titled the movie for Blu-Ray perhaps in hopes a different titles helps out. It was definitely one of the better "blockbusters" of the summer.

228641-d0.jpg

Notice it only says Edge of Tomorrow at the bottom "Cruise/Blunt/EdgeOfTomorrow"

I now see it written as Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow on certain sites.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I instantly drop Heat down a few points simply because Pacino is annoying as shit with his meth head antics.

I think Heat is a good movie but I never rated it as high as most.  Pacino is always over the top for sure.

I think Ronin is a far better movie.

I dig it because I was named after someone in the gang (although he is portrayed as an idiot in the film.)

My great grandparents used to open their house to the James/Younger clan while they would be on the run after some of their heists.

I dig it because I was named after someone in the gang (although he is portrayed as an idiot in the film.)

My great grandparents used to open their house to the James/Younger clan while they would be on the run after some of their heists.

expect a visit from the nsa because of this admission. your family is clearly guilty of harboring fugitives.

i'm going to miss you, lawrence. i really thought we were starting to connect.

Edited by Tank

It's just an amazing film.

The cinematography... outstanding.

Hell, this discussion has inspired me to order the Blu Ray, right now.

Here we go. I can't wait to watch it again.