• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 3/2/2022 at 4:18 AM, Redondo said:

@failos

Finished S6 of The Expanse

Solid finish to the series

Hide contents

Filip escaped so there's the possibility that he and Naomi will meet again

Protomolecule is still out there

Show runners called it a pause, rather than an end. Either way, I recommend reading the books. I’m halfway through book 4, and the differences are really quite interesting. I also appreciate the details that shows/film can’t quite capture. The show is so good, though—I’d say it’s the best adaptation of any book series.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I thought the last season was great, but it just ended. Never really felt like it was coming to a climax. Then they tack on the required epilogue.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

That was lame. Have some balls and allow there to be real consequences. 

There are 3 more books that need to be covered. If the show runners/authors had explained everything in the last season, or condensed the final 3 books we’d end up with a disaster like the last season of Game of Thrones where everything felt rushed.

I’m confident that we’ll at least get some films that cover the final 3 books.

12 minutes ago, OhtaniRule said:

There are 3 more books that need to be covered. If the show runners/authors had explained everything in the last season, or condensed the final 3 books we’d end up with a disaster like the last season of Game of Thrones where everything felt rushed.

I’m confident that we’ll at least get some films that cover the final 3 books.

Yeah, I know, it just felt a bit arbitrary given the arcs that were already in play. Kinda felt like the events of the last two episodes could've been 3-5 episodes. When I got to the end I was caught off guard that there was only one episode left in the season, let alone the show.

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah, I know, it just felt a bit arbitrary given the arcs that were already in play. Kinda felt like the events of the last two episodes could've been 3-5 episodes. When I got to the end I was caught off guard that there was only one episode left in the season, let alone the show.

I definitely agree with you there. I think there were some pacing issues, but it wasn’t egregious. I was mostly ticked off by the cliffhanger for the Strange Dogs content (the storyline with the girl at the beginning of each episode).

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

Oscars

Chris Rock can take a punch.

Will Smith can't take a punch line.

It was a slap, not a punch. Plus, Jada Pinkett Smith has alopecia and has spoken out about how difficult it has been for her.  Rock also ragged on Jada during his monologue when he was hosting the 2016 Oscars.  So there's some bad blood there, I guess.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It was a slap, not a punch. Plus, Jada Pinkett Smith has alopecia and has spoken out about how difficult it has been for her.  Rock also ragged on Jada during his monologue when he was hosting the 2016 Oscars.  So there's some bad blood there, I guess.

Smith seemed to be laughing when Jada was rolling her eyes at the joke.

Bad blood no doubt, but Rock obviously was not expecting that reaction. 

5 minutes ago, St1ck said:

After watching his acceptance speech I'm leaning toward it being real. The part of me that still wants to say it was staged because I feel Chris Rock would have fallen back more if he took a slap that hard. 

There was no wind up on the slap so not surprised Chris stayed up.  If Will had wound up I believe Chris woukd have been on the ground.

I wish Chris would have accepted the award on Will's behalf. 

He paused in his tear-filled speech to share what fellow nominee Denzel Washington had told him earlier, “At your highest moment, be careful, that’s when the devil comes to you.” He also included an apology to the Academy and his fellow nominees before going back to thanking the King Richard team, Venus and Serena Williams included. “Art imitates life: I look like the crazy father, just like they said about Richard Williams. But love will make you do crazy things.”

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Smith will be celebrated for standing up for his woman. 

It looks real but I could see it being staged just to get people caring about The Oscars again. If it is indeed real I think most people will look at Smith as a bitch that can’t take a joke due to his wife’s insecurities