• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

35 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'll try and come up with my top ten...

10) Money Heist
9 ) OA
8 ) Queens Gambit 
7 ) Ozark
6 ) House of Cards
5 ) Mindhunter
4 ) Haunting of Hill House
3 ) The Crown
2 ) Midnight Mass
1 ) Dark

The bottom three could easily be interchanged with a bunch of others not on the list. Seven through three are completely interchangeable. Top two are way ahead of the pack. There are also quite a few that I haven't seen. I skipped comedies, docs and movies, of which there are several goods ones.

I tried watching Dark but I really struggled following it.

35 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'll try and come up with my top ten...

10) Money Heist
9 ) OA
8 ) Queens Gambit 
7 ) Ozark
6 ) House of Cards
5 ) Mindhunter
4 ) Haunting of Hill House
3 ) The Crown
2 ) Midnight Mass
1 ) Dark

The bottom three could easily be interchanged with a bunch of others not on the list. Seven through three are completely interchangeable. Top two are way ahead of the pack. There are also quite a few that I haven't seen. I skipped comedies, docs and movies, of which there are several goods ones.

Yeah, I didn't even include the movies.  There is so much to watch on Netflix, especially if you have never had Netflix.  @Jay could probably binge 6 hours a night, and still not get through everything in a year.  

On 2/6/2022 at 12:26 PM, Lou said:

Ok, I've had 2 people i generally trust tell me a new show called Peacemaker is hilarious.

Should I believe them?

On 2/6/2022 at 3:20 PM, RallyMo said:

I haven’t seen it, but it’s a spin off of a comic book movie, The Suicide Squad. 

On 2/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, Lou said:

That's why I'm hesitant to watch it. That know that it's not really my thing, but they seem to think I'll find it entertaining. 

On 2/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, Redondo said:

Stars John Cena 

That should tell you something

On 2/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, gotbeer said:

A comic book show/movie (I don't really know which it is), that is getting no nerd chat.  That should tell you something.  Plus it's DC, and they are a trainwreck to begin with.  

On 2/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, Lou said:

I'll definitely watch it now. 

Thanks, buddy!

Watched the first two episodes: I laughed a bunch. Good stuff. I didn't realize it but James Gunn writes all of and directs most of the whole thing. It definitely speaks to the dissolving line between theaters and streaming. I guess Guardians 3 will be his last Marvel project.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I didn't even include the movies.  There is so much to watch on Netflix, especially if you have never had Netflix.  @Jay could probably binge 6 hours a night, and still not get through everything in a year.  

There are quite a few really good netflix original movies as well. I had almost forgotten a lot of them were netflix exclusive. This is a tougher list to put together than the shows list...

10) The Devil All The Time
10) The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
9 ) Da 5 Bloods
8 ) Im Thinking Of Ending Things
7 ) The Power of the Dog
6 ) The Irishman
5 ) Uncut Gems
4 ) Mank
3 ) The Two Popes
2 ) Annihilation
1 ) Roma

Last second add for Buster Scruggs, lol. After a quick google, there are a few more from some great directors that I've missed.

14 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Watched the first two episodes: I laughed a bunch. Good stuff. I didn't realize it but James Gunn writes all of and directs most of the whole thing. It definitely speaks to the dissolving line between theaters and streaming. I guess Guardians 3 will be his last Marvel project.

My nerdiest buddy just text me telling me I need to watch Peacemaker as I was reading this post... fuck, I think I that means I have to watch it.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There are quite a few really good netflix original movies as well. I had almost forgotten a lot of them were netflix exclusive. This is a tougher list to put together than the shows list...

10) The Devil All The Time
10) The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
9 ) Da 5 Bloods
8 ) Im Thinking Of Ending Things
7 ) The Power of the Dog
6 ) The Irishman
5 ) Uncut Gems
4 ) Mank
3 ) The Two Popes
2 ) Annihilation
1 ) Roma

Last second add for Buster Scruggs, lol. After a quick google, there are a few more from some great directors that I've missed.

Uncut Gems is great.

59 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

You forgot one:

On 2/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, Lou said:

I watched an episode last night. It was definitely dumb, but Cena was hilarious. 

Watched a couple of episodes of Secrets of Playboy on A&E. They’re ripping off the bandaid. Hefner, to no one’s surprise, was not just into a ton of sex but also a pretty heavy drug user. There was sex at the mansion five plus nights a week with all kinds of people, friends, playmates, and even pimps who brought in hookers. A lot of debauchery, too. He is being revealed to be quite a pervert and monster who even forced his girlfriend into sex with others. Some pretty awful stuff.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

Watched a couple of episodes of Secrets of Playboy on A&E. They’re ripping off the bandaid. Hefner, to no one’s surprise, was not just into a ton of sex but also a pretty heavy drug user. There was sex at the mansion five plus nights a week with all kinds of people, friends, playmates, and even pimps who brought in hookers. A lot of debauchery, too. He is being revealed to be quite a pervert and monster who even forced his girlfriend into sex with others. Some pretty awful stuff.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that he was a POS 

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

Watching this series as well lots of sketchy characters at the mansion was a recipe for bad things to happen.

Netflix:  Peaky Blinders  Gave this one another shot.  First time through, I stopped after one episode because I couldn't understand what they were saying.  This time through though, I'll call it the David Tennant factor.  After 2 years of watching Tennant and other Brits and Euros, I must be getting used to their speak.  Because Peaky Blinders was a lot easier to understand, even without CC.  Although CC did help.  Interesting story line, although the backstory has my interest peaked a bit more than the blinders.  And by backstory, I mean the political landscape of Britain throughout this series.  Worth the watch, if you can get past the talk.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Peaky Blinders  Gave this one another shot.  First time through, I stopped after one episode because I couldn't understand what they were saying.  This time through though, I'll call it the David Tennant factor.  After 2 years of watching Tennant and other Brits and Euros, I must be getting used to their speak.  Because Peaky Blinders was a lot easier to understand, even without CC.  Although CC did help.  Interesting story line, although the backstory has my interest peaked a bit more than the blinders.  And by backstory, I mean the political landscape of Britain throughout this series.  Worth the watch, if you can get past the talk.

Interesting. Is this a new show?