• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 2/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, failos said:

Surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for Reacher. People having been saying it’s similar to Bosch, but I have a hard time believing that. Is that true?

You will have to squint to see the similarities to Bosch.

But if it turns out to be as good as Bosch I will be happy to watch every episode.

Officially canceled Netflix.  Because they are raising prices, and I've kind of run out of things to watch on there.  So it's either going to be Hulu or Disney next.  I figure on Disney, I'd get through the shows I'd be interested in, in a month or two.  So may do Hulu first.  Is there any must sees on Hulu, before I go down a rabbit hole?

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Officially canceled Netflix.  Because they are raising prices, and I've kind of run out of things to watch on there.  So it's either going to be Hulu or Disney next.  I figure on Disney, I'd get through the shows I'd be interested in, in a month or two.  So may do Hulu first.  Is there any must sees on Hulu, before I go down a rabbit hole?

das boot - silk - DCI Banks - Luther - Cardinal - Fargo - Line of Duty - Only Murders in the building - McCartney 3, 2, 1 (i've only watched one episode of this - meh).

On 2/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just started watching Bosch, so far it's one of those shows that's kept me up past my bed time.

I pretty much breezed through Bosch season 1 in a couple of days. Really good detective story, but I do have some nits (as always).

The story of a detective who keeps killing perps and is still seen as the good guy seems a little dated in todays climate. Also, I don't know if this is good or bad but I kept finding myself predicting the character's lines before they spoke them. Maybe the dialogue is bad or maybe I should get back into writing.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:52 PM, gotbeer said:

I know it was an FX show (not a Hulu original) but 'Devs' is still the best thing I've seen since the start of the pandemic. There is also a lot of good catalogue stuff on there that you may have missed.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Is that on Hulu? I see it's on Prime (IMDb TV channel).

It is on Netflix. It's a lot of film for it's $5 million dollar budget. Most of the actors look very much like the soldiers they portrayed rather than forcing you to believe a mainstream actor is someone he doesn't look anything like. 

This is the film, not the series. 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, failos said:

Surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for Reacher. People having been saying it’s similar to Bosch, but I have a hard time believing that. Is that true?

On 2/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, Jay said:

You will have to squint to see the similarities to Bosch.

But if it turns out to be as good as Bosch I will be happy to watch every episode.

After watching a few more episodes of Reacher, if I had to try to find similarities to another show I would say Reacher feels a bit like Goliath, with a rag-tag team of investigators going up against a huge corporate entity and a corrupt local government.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, Jay said:

After watching a few more episodes of Reacher, if I had to try to find similarities to another show I would say Reacher feels a bit like Goliath, with a rag-tag team of investigators going up against a huge corporate entity and a corrupt local government.

I just finished season 1 and am now glad it was renewed for a second season. It will be interesting to see what cast members from season 1 return. 

On 2/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, Jay said:

I’ll give it another chance soon. I tried watching the first episode and found it extremely boring.