• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I figured you wouldn't have. 

It'd be interesting to see what you'd think about it. On the surface it's definitely not your thing, but the quality of the writing and the acting is on par with all the other great shows you'd easily recommend.

I saw under genre it listed as "supernatural horror."

Pass. 

Finished Only Murders in the Building. It was different but I liked it. Several surprises along the way which were done well. Steve Martin and Martin Short add a nice touch of humor without being unnecessarily silly. I hope there’s a second season.

EDIT: i should also mention that the supporting actors are well cast.

Edited by Tank

19 minutes ago, Tank said:

Finished Only Murders in the Building. It was different but I liked it. Several surprises along the way which were done well. Steve Martin and Martin Short add a nice touch of humor without being unnecessarily silly. I hope there’s a second season.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/new-season-of-hulu-only-murders-in-the-building-74610/

27 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Ozark - is this a slow burner in Season 1? I never got into it: tried it a while a go and didn't get past the first two or three episodes even though it should be right up my street. 

Any detractors out there or is this universally accepted as worth a second look? Cheers.

I believe it's worth a second look

Wife and I are really enjoying the entire show

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Ozark - is this a slow burner in Season 1? I never got into it: tried it a while a go and didn't get past the first two or three episodes even though it should be right up my street. 

Any detractors out there or is this universally accepted as worth a second look? Cheers.

I watched the first season and a half and got bored with it 

Riders of Justice

Danish film starring Mads Mikkelson about a tragic train accident that claims the life of Mikkelson's wife, and narrowly spares his daughter. Also among the survivors is a stats nerd, who gave up his seat to Mikkelson's wife. After considering the unlikely string of events that lead to the accident he is convinced that foul play was involved. After being ignored by the police he enlists Mikkelson and a group of spectrum-y friends to track down and bring those responsible to justice.

Very much in the vein of the Coen Brothers, this is a dark comedy that's maybe a little heavy on themes and a little light on believability but ultimately a quite enjoyable watch. 

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

i think it's worth a second look.

watched The Unforgivable, a movie about a woman who went to prison for 20 years and finally gets released. it focuses mostly on her search to reunite with the sister she left when she was arrested, who was only 5 at the time. it stars sandra bullock. it was decent - no real surprising plot twists.

Silk S1 E3. Started watching this many months ago but wife and I both fell asleep during E1 as we watched on a friday afternoon after work. So we started watching it again Sunday night and have kept ourselves awake. It's a good show.

I also started watching Das Boot. It's about 99% in German with subtitles, and I'm guessing it's loosely based on the movie from the early 80s, which was terrific. This series is off to a GREAT start and is filled with layers the movie didn't have. Lots of compelling WW2 content. I'm through E3 and can't wait to watch more.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

@WicketMaiden

In season 1 of Silk, there's a character named Niamh, which looks like it should be pronounced NI-am. But they pronounce it NEEVE. Can you explain this? Is it an Irish name?

BTW, the actress who plays her, Natalie Dormer, is gorgeous.

Yes, it's Irish. I have an Irish friend who lives in Galway and her sister is named Niamh. 

And, yes, she is. She was great in The Tudors.