• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Boba Fett

It's in progress and has dropped 3 episodes. It's not really what I expected after seeing him in the first trilogy of Star Wars.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how to do the hidden thing, but the "water tank" is a bacta tank.  It's been used a few times in other Star Wars movies/shows, including after Luke is brought back from being attacked by the Wampa in Empire Strikes Back.

EDIT: It's basically just like a big tank full of antibiotics and healing gel/liquid.

Edited by jsnpritchett

I've watched 22 movies over the last 5 days as part of the Sundance Film Festival.  Highlights for me so far and ones to look out for once they get distribution:

Emily the Criminal: Aubrey Plaza plays a debt-ridden gig worker who gets involved in petty financial crimes before things escalate.  Best performance to date from Plaza.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/emily_the_criminal

Living: Remake of the Akira Kurosawa classic, Ikiru.  Bill Nighy plays a public works officer who's given 6 months to live--and learns to discover that there's still time to leave an impact on the world around him.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/living_2022

Cha Cha Real Smooth: Second movie from writer/director/actor Cooper Raiff, who's 25 years old and graduated a few years ago from Occidental College, near me in Eagle Rock. His first movie, Shithouse (yes, that's really what it was called) also got great reviews.  Cha Cha is about a bar mitzvah "party starter" who develops a crush on the mother of one of his party attendees:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cha_cha_real_smooth

Fire of Love: Documentary about married volcano researchers who were killed by an eruption in Japan in the early '90s.  The volcano footage they recorded over the years is stunning.  National Geographic picked up this one, so it'll probably be on Disney+ in the not-too-distant future:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fire_of_love

Netflix:  The Edge of War  A movie about 2 people that went to school in England.  One a Brit another a German.  And they are trying to prevent Hitler from taking control.  It almost plays out like it's a true story, but researching it a bit, it's a fiction that takes place in a factual setting.  I thought it dragged a bit.  Probably a pass, especially since it's not something factual and historical.

we finished Grantchester last night. all in all, this is an excellent series. there are many parallels between the main story going on with the personal lives of the main actors. it was intertwined very well.

Spoiler

i never really warmed up to the second vicar, will. he did fine, and my wife liked him more than i did, but we both would have much more preferred having sidney chambers back. also, the storyline with the mixed race kid who was a boxer got tiresome.

23 hours ago, Tank said:

Boba Fett

It's in progress and has dropped 3 episodes. It's not really what I expected after seeing him in the first trilogy of Star Wars.

Reveal hidden contents

Plenty of YouTube videos that review each of the Boba Fett episodes.  They can be helpful for those that may not remember all of the related details, like previous uses of the Bacta Tank.

started watching "only murders in the building" last night starring steve martin, martin short, and selena gomez on hulu (the series is on hulu, not selena gomez in some sort of playful, innocent sexy sort of way). it's about three people in a NYC apartment building who don't know each other but discover they're all fans of the same true crime podcast. when there's a murder in their building, they go about trying to solve it so that they can create their own podcast. got through E3 last night. it was enjoyable.

Edited by Tank

2 hours ago, Tank said:

started watching "only murders in the building last night" starring steve martin, martin short, and selena gomez on hulu (the series is on hulu, not selena gomez in some sort of playful, innocent sexy sort of way). it's about three people in a NYC apartment building who don't know each other but discover they're all fans of the same true crime podcast. when there's a murder in their building, they go about trying to solve it so that they can create their own podcast. got through E3 last night. it was enjoyable.

That's a really fun show. The story gets a little wonky at times, but it's entertaining throughout.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Finished Narcos.

Pissed / sad its over. Got addicted.

Just restarted The Wire. Seasons 1 and 2 out of the way already.

Season 2 is seriously underrated

Season 2 is my favorite season. People dismiss it because it's the only season that's mostly about white people...