• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Green Book was a phenomenal movie. Viggo Mortensen (a.k.a. Aragorn) plays a pitch-perfect New York Italian. Mahershala Ali is excellent as always.

That's good to hear.  I am usually not into these types of movies, but the trailer looked phenominal.  Might have to check it out in the theaters.

I saw a movie on Tubi.com called "Ride the Thunder" which wasn't anything like what I expected...  gave a lot of insight into the Vietnam War.  Made me really understand why Jane Fond was called "Hanoi Jane."  Showed the true colors of John Kerry and Donald Sutherland too while telling the story of one very brave Vietnamese solider.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:31 PM, Lou said:

since I've spent most of the last few years taking care of my mom, I've really scaled back how much time I spend in the office. I also don't sleep much (not by choice), so I'm awake at all hours of the night. not much else to do at that time. 

i kinda figured that was why.

sorry about the sleep thing. i totally get that.

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

I saw a movie on Tubi.com called "Ride the Thunder" which wasn't anything like what I expected...  gave a lot of insight into the Vietnam War.  Made me really understand why Jane Fond was called "Hanoi Jane."  Showed the true colors of John Kerry and Donald Sutherland too while telling the story of one very brave Vietnamese solider.

my cousin served in vietnam with the marines during the war. still an open wound to him and his buddies when jane's name comes up. he still posts memes about her being a traitor.

i'm not sure this can heal for him and many others who were in the thick of it at the time.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:33 AM, Lou said:

found another very good show - Informer.  just finished it. (6 episodes). the finale was great.

i'm thoroughly convinced that 9/11 has resulted in some outstanding television shows. 

thanks, Osama? 

Gonna check this out -- we seem to have similar tastes...

Also -- The Outlaw King on Netflix was surprisingly good.  Chris Pine pulled off a Scottish accent about as well as anyone can...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Also -- The Outlaw King on Netflix was surprisingly good.  Chris Pine pulled off a Scottish accent about as well as anyone can...

I'll definitely check it out. 

14 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Watched it.

Spoiler

Except for the silly duel at the end it followed history pretty closely.

On November 26, 2018 at 12:30 AM, Taylor said:

Green Book was a phenomenal movie. Viggo Mortensen (a.k.a. Aragorn) plays a pitch-perfect New York Italian. Mahershala Ali is excellent as always.

Ali is one of the leads in the upcoming season of True Detective (Jan '19)

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It def follows history far more closely than Braveheart came close to doing.   Beyond the movie being factually correct -- how did you like it?  I genuinely enjoyed it.

I liked it and thankfully they didn't try to force Pine to go with a real heavy Scottish brogue. For one, no one would be able to understand it and then it would sound as comical as Dick Van Dyke speaking Cockney in Mary Poppins. 

On November 9, 2018 at 11:50 AM, Lou said:

no, I don't care for TeaTV. 

Morpheus, Cyberlix and Titanium are what I am currently using (in that order) 

The last 2 are Terrarium clones, as you'll notice when you open them. 

On November 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Good to hear, I was thinking about using TeaTV. I'll have to check out the others. 

UPDATE:  

1. TV ZION is great

2. MORPH is also good (Morpheus clone)

3 hours ago, Lou said:

I just finished S2. imo, it's basically Vikings Lite 

btw, the 2nd half of Vikings S5 (S5 E11) aired this week

I just caught up on Vikings the night E11 came on. It trys to adhere to a sketchy history of the times. For those who haven't watched, nearly every main character in the show did exist in that time period. Their exploits follow historical record with, of course, embellishments for story line.