• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

So Daredevil season 3 was pretty great.  As good if not better than the first season.

The Haunting of Hill House loved it up until the ending where I felt it came together a little too neat.  Still, everything before that was fantastic.  

Summer of '84, solid little paranoia movie.  Worth checking out if you can find it.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:54 AM, Redondo said:

Just finished season 6 of House of Cards

Hide contents

They could have done so much more with this show. Lot's of ways they could have gone with this show.

Definitely not a fan of how they wrapped it up and finished it off.

Claire talking to the camera and bringing up her past just didn't do anything for me.

I was waiting for the writers to get Doug more involved with Claire on her side.to bring more drama. But they shied away from this and turned it into an all female PC show.

Spoiler

It started slow.  Then picked up.  And was all over the place.  I really don't know what happened.  This whole Sheppard thing with her friend who was the enemy.  This Doug thing with the will, and whatever that enemy thing was all about.  Even the ending where he died just how Seth said he would die.  It was just strange.  Then the whole Russian thing with nukes.  The pregnancy.  The missing all the time, then back to normal, then firing everyone.  

I must have really been not paying attention because it just seemed all thrown in to me.  

I didn't mind Claire talking off the camera.  It's just that it was so random.  It seemed like it was big in the beginning of the season, then stopped, then came up again.  

The PC thing seemed off too.  Everything just seemed off.  

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

no, I don't care for TeaTV. 

Morpheus, Cyberlix and Titanium are what I am currently using (in that order) 

The last 2 are Terrarium clones, as you'll notice when you open them. 

Good to hear, I was thinking about using TeaTV. I'll have to check out the others. 

Does anyone ever watch a show on Netflix and you don’t realize you’re on the last episode? It’s happened to me a few times. House of Cards ended and I was like “that was it?”  I think it actually takes away from it a little bit but that was a disappointing ending. That show peaked in season 1 and slowly went downhill every season after. 

This happened to me with Scrubs too. They have “1 more season”, but it’s actually like a weird spinoff sort of thing, but I didn’t know that. So I watched the last episode thinking I had an entire season left and it ruined the finale for me. It was actually a good finale for being a terrible last season. 

Spoiler

And Lou, I think The Shield finale is top 5 endings. Him sitting there alone is basically his own prison. Just brutal all around for all of them. It’s perfect. Now I want to start it over

On July 11, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Lou said:

Umbre

Mamon

Goliath

Whitechapel

Injustice

Touching Evil

Patriot

Endeavour

Wolf Hall

The Escape Artist

The Jinx

Quarry

Blossom 

On July 11, 2017 at 8:56 PM, gotbeer said:

thanks for all the recommendations.  That's quite a list to go through.

have you finished them all?

Bohemian Rhapsody.  I liked it.  Didn't know much of the Queen back story, so most of it was new to me.  I thought it flowed well, and the music was what it should have been.  I'd definitely recommend on cable.  Might not be necessary to watch on the big screen though.

On November 10, 2018 at 9:13 AM, OregonLAA said:

Does anyone ever watch a show on Netflix and you don’t realize you’re on the last episode? It’s happened to me a few times. House of Cards ended and I was like “that was it?”  I think it actually takes away from it a little bit but that was a disappointing ending. That show peaked in season 1 and slowly went downhill every season after. 

This happened to me with Scrubs too. They have “1 more season”, but it’s actually like a weird spinoff sort of thing, but I didn’t know that. So I watched the last episode thinking I had an entire season left and it ruined the finale for me. It was actually a good finale for being a terrible last season. 

Spoiler

And Lou, I think The Shield finale is top 5 endings. Him sitting there alone is basically his own prison. Just brutal all around for all of them. It’s perfect. Now I want to start it over

Damn, spoiler tag dude. I’m on season 1.

I'm in the extreme minority that liked the final season of House of Cards.

Spoiler

The show's realism went out in the window when Frank killed Zoe in S2E1. Yeah, there were unrealistic things that happened in the first season, but it wasn't much of a soap opera until S2.

Therefore, the fact that the final season was essentially one big soap opera didn't bother me. The acting was excellent, as always. The plot kept me compelled. Claire remained as enigmatic as she always was, and that's fine with me.