• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Finished season 7 of the Shield

Don't read the following if you haven't watched it

Spoiler

Crazy way to end the series.

Vic at a desk and all alone in his life. Shane and his family all gone.

Fitting I guess since he threw Ronnie under the bus. For doing this I lost all respect for Vic.

Enjoyed watching all 88 shows. When you get into the characters because you can power watch it makes it that much better.

Starting the 6th season of House of Cards

First episode did nothing for me. Very forced acting and weak.

Without Frank the show lacks the conniving leader. Kevin Spacey played that role to a T and made the show.

Watched the next 2 and it's getting better. Claire is finally starting to twist people like Frank did. Hopefully they continue the plot in the right direction.

I watched the first two seasons then by the third it was a year between them and I just couldn't seem to get back into the characters or plot line. The directing was so much better in the second season and from I picked up of three the budget went up. 

I'm on the fence with House of Cards. I feel like it was getting weird and then the whole Kevin Spacey shit threw the show sideways. Probably will watch since I've already invested the time and it's the last season. Kind of a reluctant watch. It's been a long time too, so I don't even remember some of it.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Didn't realize Season 2 of Medici - Masters of Florence had begun. Has anyone watched any of the episodes?

@Redondo @NJHalo

I had read that it was available on Netflix Italy only, starting October 28th, but had not heard about a start date over here. 

Thanks for the heads up! I need to go look for it. I have a whole new level of interest after visiting Florence and seeing the Medici name everywhere.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:05 PM, Lou said:

the old lady was brilliant.

my opinion on the first 3 episodes:

1. very good

2. good

3. terrible 

On 10/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I haven't watched the third episode yet, but the second episode is brilliant. The way they tie in the jury plot line to the ultimate ending with such perfect symmetry... 

I finally got a chance to watch the third episode. I think I may have been putting it off because so many people have seemed to dislike it. 

While I do think ep 1 & 2 are arguably stronger episodes, the reason people dislike ep 3 so much is because it's pretty Facking weird in ways the first two are clearly not. It is essentially a story where you have to question the sanity of the main character and it's so damn 'meta' that even the characters in the story lose themselves in what is real.

Spoiler

Ultimately the actress is done in by mixing the wine with the pills. She is a rational woman but her director becomes so method it's easier to believe she's trapped in some strange time warp or whatever than it is to believe the director has gone this far. She also is so over confident in herself that she hasn't realized that she is only attached to the project for her name and corresponding financial backing... no one, especially the director, takes her talents seriously.

Matt Weiner is clearly having fun with the freedom this series offers him. He can tell a story completely grounded in realism, and still follow it up with some surrealist film sure to upset viewers, only to hit the reset button at the end of the week.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm on the fence with House of Cards. I feel like it was getting weird and then the whole Kevin Spacey shit threw the show sideways. Probably will watch since I've already invested the time and it's the last season. Kind of a reluctant watch. It's been a long time too, so I don't even remember some of it.

i felt the same way about the final two seasons of Dexter.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

i felt the same way about the last several seasons of Angels Baseball.

Finally watched Man in the High Castle.  I thought this might have been the best season yet.  And it really answered a lot of questions, but really left it wide open for the next season.  Hopefully it won't be 2 years between seasons again.  

Spoiler

BTW.  I think I agree with you all that the Kido, Tagomi, and Smith characters are pretty fantastic.  Juliana is kind of plain, but her going to the other reality and the revelation that someone that a time traveler can only go to replace a dead duplicate, really could open up her character.  She most likely went to the reality her sister came from, and she could be the one that leads the reality jumping resistance back.  The other thing I'm wondering is if the new character this season Wyatt is giving us a glimpse of something in the 5 degree of seperation kind of way.  Wyatt is ex US military, and he has all this money.  And from the interaction of High Castle and Smith, it appears they were both ex US military.  With the guard killed at the border, he had some connection to Wyatt, possibly ex military.  So I'm just wondering if within the Reich there is a military resistance that's well funded, that is trying to overthrow from within.  Which could mean a pretty big heel turn for Smith.  This season really tied the three seasons together.  

Just finished season 6 of House of Cards

Spoiler

They could have done so much more with this show. Lot's of ways they could have gone with this show.

Definitely not a fan of how they wrapped it up and finished it off.

Claire talking to the camera and bringing up her past just didn't do anything for me.

I was waiting for the writers to get Doug more involved with Claire on her side.to bring more drama. But they shied away from this and turned it into an all female PC show.

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just finished season 6 of House of Cards

Spoiler

completely agree.

Claire just couldn't pull off looking into the camera. it always seemed forced. it was also done too frequently, i.e. at times when it would have previously just been a comment made between Claire and Frank. 

the ending? f'n ridiculous. 

(Diane Lane is beautiful, however)