• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

The Good Cop on Netflix. This is really lousy television, something that looks like a half ass network show that tries to stay PG and hired one of their comedy casting agents to fill a drama series. Do not bother unless you have a fixation for Tony Danza and if that's the case you need counselling.

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just finished season 1 of the Sheild

Watching on Hulu so they force you to watch ads.

Started out fast and finished wild. Good show so far.

Oh man, you’re in for a treat. While every season is great, I think the latter seasons are the best (esp. S5).

On 9/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Tank said:

has anyone watched Jack Ryan yet on amazon?

I thought it was a competent action spy thriller. Nothing particularly special about it but I didn't regret watching it. 

I could poke holes in it all day, in the end though I think I'm just tired of seeing muslims on screen blowing shit up.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:04 PM, failos said:

Same. I like the show a lot, but my problem with it is that I don't like Julia, the main character. 

This has been my trouble with the series since S1. Her and her boyfriend are just unsympathetic characters. You know there is something wrong when the only particularly likable character is the head of the Nazi party in America... in fact he is the one thing keeping the show interesting.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I thought it was a competent action spy thriller. Nothing particularly special about it but I didn't regret watching it. 

I could poke holes in it all day, in the end though I think I'm just tired of seeing muslims on screen blowing shit up.

That and every time the US blows shit up we are supposed to feel guilty. Not once did Ryan scream, "Fuck Yeah!" while dropping a terrorist. Nope, he has to have some guilty look on his face regardless if he just saved America.

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This has been my trouble with the series since S1. Her and her boyfriend are just unsympathetic characters. You know there is something wrong when the only particularly likable character is the head of the Nazi party in America... in fact he is the one thing keeping the show interesting.

I completely agree with you. Smith is the best character in the show. I also like Inspector Kido and Tagomi.

I finished season 3 and it was very disappointing to say the least. So many worthless storylines and the plot moves very slowly.

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That and every time the US blows shit up we are supposed to feel guilty. Not once did Ryan scream, "F*ck Yeah!" while dropping a terrorist. Nope, he has to have some guilty look on his face regardless if he just saved America.

Also why is Ryan dating some chick who isn't even hot?

50 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That and every time the US blows shit up we are supposed to feel guilty. Not once did Ryan scream, "F*ck Yeah!" while dropping a terrorist. Nope, he has to have some guilty look on his face regardless if he just saved America.

So this series was supposed to be a modernization of 'Clear and Present Danger.' Now maybe it was because I was a kid at the time, and I had no idea who Jack Ryan / Tom Clancey were but man did this series not hit on a single thing I remember digging about the Harrison Ford version. That whole Ryan finding himself in over his head, only to prove that he actually wasn't theme seemed to be attempted but not really executed.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So this series was supposed to be a modernization of 'Clear and Present Danger.' Now maybe it was because I was a kid at the time, and I had no idea who Jack Ryan / Tom Clancey were but man did this series not hit on a single thing I remember digging about the Harrison Ford version. That whole Ryan finding himself in over his head, only to prove that he actually wasn't theme seemed to be attempted but not really executed.

The Original Ryan was a Vietnam Vet. The first Jack Ryan movie was Hunt for Red October with Alec Baldwin. Probably the best Baldwin looked his entire career and not much doucheness about him. He played a similar character to this series, young and impressionable with no real clue as to what the big picture was. Ford came along after Baldwin as more of an advanced age Ryan that was embedded deeply in the CIA. Less of an action character in terms of run and gun.