• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Legion season 2 not disappointing so far. 

The acid trip continues. Great stuff, whether you're a marvel/xmen fan or not. 

How does Noah Hawley show a battle between 3 powerful telepaths on the astral plane (portrayed by actors from Downton Abbey, Flight of the Conchords, and Parks and Rec)?

12 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Ok, I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 of Babylon Berlin.  It's good, but does it get better?

Oh yeah, I agree with Lou, that musical number just didn't fit in and somewhat took away from that episode.

Imo, yes, it gets better.

13 hours ago, Redondo said:

The Heavy Water War is what came up, but only linked to similar shows. Must mean it's not running on Netflix any more.

That sucks. Do you have a streaming media box? 

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

That sucks. Do you have a streaming media box? 

I don't have a streaming box or Amazon so I miss quite a bit of good shows that many have recommended.

On another note. I'm trying to watch the old TV series Homicide Life on the Street and the only place I see it is where you have to buy the DVD's. That was a great show and I believe I missed quite a few episodes

12 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Ok, I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 of Babylon Berlin.  It's good, but does it get better?

Oh yeah, I agree with Lou, that musical number just didn't fit in and somewhat took away from that episode.

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

Imo, yes, it gets better.

IMO it gets better as you get to know the characters and their past. Interesting time era in Germany. They were going through a lot of changes and we know where it went in the late 30's

21 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I don't have a streaming box or Amazon so I miss quite a bit of good shows that many have recommended.

On another note. I'm trying to watch the old TV series Homicide Life on the Street and the only place I see it is where you have to buy the DVD's. That was a great show and I believe I missed quite a few episodes

Loved Homicide. Andre Braugher was outstanding in the series.

If only you had a streaming device . . . 

; ) 

On April 22, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Redondo said:

I'm on season one episode 8 of The Break, a French series.

We are enjoying it so far.

First time hearing about this show. I'll definitely check it out?

Did you ever watch 4 Blocks or Riphagen? 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, mtangelsfan said:

Watching the Netfilx Lost in Space series.

meh, too serious.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:40 AM, Jason said:

I've watched the first 3 episodes and you're right, it is kind of serious. I was hoping for more in space adventures and stuff

I just finished watching the series.  I don't mind the seriousness of it.  Actually overall, like the premise of the series.  But I could not stand the Dr. Smith character.  And by could not stand is me just being nice.  That character needs to die a horrible slow death in the next episode.  Freaking useless.  And the ending of the first season was happy days jumping the shark GIF

21 hours ago, Tank said:

did anyone see avengers last night? or going to see it this weekend?

I had to laugh at the scenes with Peter Dinklage. 

The interaction with Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt was very funny as well.

Lots of "super" egos packed into two and a half hours.

Our 1970s neighborhood theater, which sells about 10 tickets on a good night, had about 60+ people for the 6 PM show last night.  Everyone sat through the credits.

Not sure where Marvel is planning to go with this storyline.

Phantom Thread.

Enjoyed it but didn't love it. Very visually appealing, just a real eye pleasing movie to watch. Some Kubrick / David Lynch like shots from time to time. Great colors. Daniel Day Lewis is excellent as always. Vicky Krieps and Lesly Manville are great as well.

It's a bit slow in the middle third, and never really gets to where it wants to go, but on the whole I enjoyed it. 

My wife bailed out halfway through. 

On 4/28/2018 at 1:03 PM, mrwicked said:

Phantom Thread.

Enjoyed it but didn't love it. Very visually appealing, just a real eye pleasing movie to watch. Some Kubrick / David Lynch like shots from time to time. Great colors. Daniel Day Lewis is excellent as always. Vicky Krieps and Lesly Manville are great as well.

It's a bit slow in the middle third, and never really gets to where it wants to go, but on the whole I enjoyed it. 

My wife bailed out halfway through. 

Supposedly this is DDL's swan song. Not sure I believe that, maybe because I don't want to.

3 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Finished the first season of Babylon Berlin and was better than I expected.  I didn't understand the Armenian and why he was continuously allowing the detective to live, but the little twist at the end explained it.

Are they making a 2nd season?

Glad you enjoyed it.

The link here has an article on future seasons. I certainly hope they decide to make more seasons as it reflects on a time in history that hasn't been shown much.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/when-will-season-2-of-babylon-berlin-be-on-netflix/