• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I had my Sony A1E professionally calibrated today and ready to work at home and watch Ray Donovan in the color it was mastered. They better have gotten the blood right. 

Nice. I sure hope that the technician set it to properly display mind numbingly intolarable non-stop brooding.

We've gone to three takings of Americas Got Talent in the last three weeks. The tickets are free and they tape at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. It was interesting. Saw some really good talent, some mediocre stuff, and a couple of real bizarre things. Plus we got to see Tyra Banks in all of her jiggly goodness.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, Lou said:

Anyone watching The Alienist? 

I have been watching the Alienist. 

New York in the 1890's when you were either part of the upper class or part of the dregs.  Rampant corruption. 

Teddy Roosevelt at the beginning of his political life and the start of his "Reformer" efforts.  

Good mystery / story line.  It will be interesting to see how they bridge to a second season, if  there is one

The cast is solid, especially Dakota Fanning.

4/5 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, RallyMo said:

I started watching Billions after reading a bit about it in this thread. I'm glad that I finished it last week before reading all the comments here. COMMON COURTESY, PEOPLE.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, mrwicked said:

Love that show!

it's back...season 3 starts tonight.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:42 PM, Angels#1Fan said:

Deadwood was great..it really should have had at least one or two more seasons. Three just wasn't enough.

Definitely one of the better-written and plotted series ever - the dialog was brilliant - iirc, HBO was a bit frustrated with Milch and cost overruns - apparently, he was always late with scripts, so shooting days got extended, etc.  And I guess he was also committed to that "John from Cincinnati" series.  

Sounds like they're really super-serious this time about shooting a Deadwood movie.  Dunno - I mean, have you seen Earl Brown on Preacher?  He played Dan - no way he carries that character anymore - now he just looks old and fat.  And Powers Booth is dead.  

Carnivale was .... interesting - actually, it kept me hooked, they created a pretty interesting universe there, and I stayed with it to see where it was going.   And then, whack, it was cut-off.  

On March 21, 2018 at 3:57 AM, Redondo said:

Did you watch Babylon Berlin? What did you think of it?

We really enjoyed it.

Finally watched it.  Like most shows, it started a bit slow but then I really got into it. 

Could have done without some of the boring "production" scenes, but it turned out much better than I had anticipated. 

15 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Definitely one of the better-written and plotted series ever - the dialog was brilliant - iirc, HBO was a bit frustrated with Milch and cost overruns - apparently, he was always late with scripts, so shooting days got extended, etc.  And I guess he was also committed to that "John from Cincinnati" series.  

Sounds like they're really super-serious this time about shooting a Deadwood movie.  Dunno - I mean, have you seen Earl Brown on Preacher?  He played Dan - no way he carries that character anymore - now he just looks old and fat.  And Powers Booth is dead.  

Carnivale was .... interesting - actually, it kept me hooked, they created a pretty interesting universe there, and I stayed with it to see where it was going.   And then, whack, it was cut-off.  

Carnivale is my favorite show of all time. 

Wish they were cool with these kind of budgets back then. It was just too expensive. 

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

"there's a flip side to that coin..."

636089305438892833-XXX-HEAT-PACINO-DENIR

now onto billions hoping I remember some semblance of last season.

now that's a movie.

best heist movie of all time. was always my go to for testing an audio setup too.

the real sounds of those guns during the shootout, "cack cack cack". f*cking love it.

11 hours ago, Lou said:

Finally watched it.  Like most shows, it started a bit slow but then I really got into it. 

Could have done without some of the boring "production" scenes, but it turned out much better than I had anticipated. 

Here's the video from the show. I heard it so much I now like it.

Spoiler, it shows a lot of the scenes from the show.

Spoiler