• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Great to hear. Was planning to start watching this tonight. 

Btw, watched Dark last week. Took me a bit to get into it, (kept waiting to ring out if Goldie Wilson had been re-elected Mayor)  but was hooked halfway through. 

Watching Alex and S5 of Endeavor right now. 

Dark does take a bit to get into with all the characters and time eras

Alex Cross?

Is Endeavor on Netflix?

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Dark does take a bit to get into with all the characters and time eras

Alex Cross?

Is Endeavor on Netflix?

No, Alex. It's a Swedish series about a dirty cop. 

Endeavor is on Netflix. It's the prequel to Inspector Morse. I actually prefer it. 

Spoiler

So my other grandmother is the principal of my high school...

image.jpeg

..." So 2 days ago I was kissing my aunt??"

Edited by Lou

On 3/5/2018 at 10:17 PM, mrwicked said:

Episode 4 of Deadwood.

Man I had heard it really gets into a groove after the first three episodes - and they were right.

Episode 4 was fantastic.

Slow burn, a little like the Wire for getting invested in the characters and overall plot, but like you said, it pays off. Love that more people are getting into it. 

The same is true of Rome in my opinion, btw. 

I just saw Justice League and Thor:Ragnarok. 

Justice League was worse than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad combined.  Completely unwatchable. 

Thor: Ragnarok was a badly needed breath of fresh air. Something about they way they used Hela didn't feel quite right, but everything else was fun. 

Looking forward to seeing Black Panther when family comes to visit in a couple of weeks, and really looking forward to Infinity War.

I caught a few episodes of the Blue Planet on BBC America and all I can say is wow.  I can't believe I totally missed this series until now.  What a beautiful show and very addicting.  I will definitely be recording this series.

Also caught a few episodes of Planet Earth.  Although not as captivating as Blue Planet, it was still very interesting.

16 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

Slow burn, a little like the Wire for getting invested in the characters and overall plot, but like you said, it pays off. Love that more people are getting into it. 

The same is true of Rome in my opinion, btw. 

I just saw Justice League and Thor:Ragnarok. 

Justice League was worse than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad combined.  Completely unwatchable. 

Thor: Ragnarok was a badly needed breath of fresh air. Something about they way they used Hela didn't feel quite right, but everything else was fun. 

Looking forward to seeing Black Panther when family comes to visit in a couple of weeks, and really looking forward to Infinity War.

I never got into the Wire. Tried starting it twice, just didn't latch for us. But I'll likely give it another go.

I haven't checked out Rome yet, but have heard great things.

Binged through season 1 of Ray Donovan. Started season 2 and it's a slow character development process all over again. I'm not sure if I even like any character in the series, they are all pretty much assholes, even the kids.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Binged through season 1 of Ray Donovan. Started season 2 and it's a slow character development process all over again. I'm not sure if I even like any character in the series, they are all pretty much assholes, even the kids.

Nobody is very "likeable"...that's pretty much the point.

I watched the whole series, it's great. Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.

Red Sparrow.  Pros.  Jennifer Lawrence nude saying fuck me.  Cons.  wasn't really an action flick.  Kind of a spy novel.  Too long of a movie.  But the pros was good.

Tomb Raider.  Prequel sort of.  Wasn't as action packed as I thought it would be.  But this version of Laura Croft was a bit better than the invincible Jolle.  

Both probably best for home viewing.

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

the wire was great. i binged it about 10 years ago grabbing rental dvds from blockbuster video.

tried to watch it recently and it hasn't aged that well, but collectively some really great tv.

I binged the whole Wire series in 2014 when i was staying up late with my newborn.  I liked it a lot!  Then I tried to watch OZ and I dont think that aged well, couldn't stick with it.  

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I binged the whole Wire series in 2014 when i was staying up late with my newborn.  I liked it a lot!  Then I tried to watch OZ and I dont think that aged well, couldn't stick with it.  

yeah, timeless storytelling with the wire.  every single issue it tackles is still relevant today.  the same friend who convinced me to keep watching BSG convinced me to keep watching the wire, and i was pretty happy i did. 

i never liked oz.

55 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Deadwood was great..it really should have had at least one or two more seasons. Three just wasn't enough.

Yeah it sucks that I know it's going to end before it rightfully should.

Like Carnivale - one of my all time favorite shows, but they just ran out of money. It and Deadwood were before the big budget tv epics were a more viable thing.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, IEAngelsfan said:

I caught a few episodes of the Blue Planet on BBC America and all I can say is wow.  I can't believe I totally missed this series until now.  What a beautiful show and very addicting.  I will definitely be recording this series.

Also caught a few episodes of Planet Earth.  Although not as captivating as Blue Planet, it was still very interesting.

Planet Earth II is on Netflix in 4K UHD. It's amazing.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, IEAngelsfan said:

i show "the deep" from blue planet to all of my classes every year

the stuff about bioluminescense and extremophiles is fascinating 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Did you watch Babylon Berlin? What did you think of it?

We really enjoyed it.

Not yet. It was next on my list, but was told about The Alienist and started watching it instead. 

btw, for those wondering, The Alienist isn't a sci-fi show.  Alienist is the term used in the 19th century for doctors who studied mental health.