• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

20 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

pretty sure i started watching the americans because of a rec on here as well

i really can't wait for the s5 finale this wednesday

Spoiler

Paige is starting to bother me...too many damn questions..she demanded to know, and so now she knows.. and really, she needs to suck it up.

finished season 1 of masters of none. pretty funny shit although i usually watch it faded as i'm going to bed. a fun 30 minutes, reminds of the quick 30 minutes of fun entourage was.

house of cards just came out less than an hour ago. watching it now and laughing at how the show kind of went off the rails with season 3 and 4 (mainly the latter) and thinking at how trumps presidency might end up being wilder than this show, but i think they are going to pull from the trump shit......just a hunch, no spoiler.

On 5/28/2017 at 0:40 AM, Sam Sanchez said:

No one else watching Twin Peaks?

The tone is way darker and definitely not trying to win any new viewers as I can't see anyone who isn't familiar with the show even having a clue what the hell they are watching. Way more like post-Twin Peaks David Lynch than Twin Peaks itself but I'm definitely enjoying it.

I've seen the first four episodes, and will ride it through all 18 episodes. First time in a long time that I can think of where I'm actually going to try and watch a show as it airs.

i can't wait!

i loved the original series. stoked to check out the re-make. 

gonna check it out one i get some downside. 

lynch is the man. plain and simple.

Yeah, if you're a fan of Lynch in general, you should enjoy this. If people are just expecting the old Twin Peaks style, it's probably more similar in tone with Fire Walk with Me than a lot of the more sitcom-y style stuff, especially from the 2nd season, but some of that still sneaks it's way in from time to time. Then again, there's only been 4 episodes so far, so it definitely could get sillier.

This could very well be the last thing we ever get form David Lynch. He hasn't made anything since Inland Empire and doesn't seem to be interested in making any films anymore. So this could very well be him just going out with a bang and making what he's referring to as an 18-hour film, as he isn't even referring to each episode as an episode but rather as 18 parts.

Also, it's very nice to see Gordon Cole back! Also depressing to see characters like the Log Lady, Albert (Miguel Ferrer), Garland Briggs, and Phillip Jeffries (David Bowie), either appear or be referenced to as they've all died since the end of the show and very recently in most of those cases.

54 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i need to re watch the original series and fire walk with me. it's been wayyyy too long.

mulholland drive is still my favorite film from the last 20 years. 

you should stop being such a smart aleck

finished the new season of house of cards. some wild shit. it's on the level of season 1 and 2.

what's a trip is how shit unfolds and you can see it being a reality the way our current administration is going.

spacey crushes it as a president and this particular character.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:07 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

Got caught up on S5 of The Americans yesterday. I like that it's staying away from most FBI story lines, and focusing on the Jennings family. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm betting Henry is about to tell his parents he wants to join the FBI, which will make things even more interesting.

Finished season 5 tonight. Not much happened in season 5, and the "finale" fit the season, as not much happened there either. 

I feel like this season was pretty much filler, and now I have to wait a year to find out if they get back to the USSR or not.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:59 PM, Brandon said:

finished the new season of house of cards. some wild shit. it's on the level of season 1 and 2.

what's a trip is how shit unfolds and you can see it being a reality the way our current administration is going.

It's been getting panned by everyone. Wasn't even going to watch it.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Catching up on Fargo Season 3...the LA episode  killed a little momentum but it's picked up steam again. Probably put it on par with Season 1 so far...but it would be hard to top Season 2.

I thought the same exact thing about the LA episode. The last one I watched was episode 4 and it's starting to get really good again. David Thewlis' character is classic. 

Wonder Woman.  IMO, a Feminist, Snowflake, LIb wet dream.  It was a good movie.  But to me, it was a copy of the storyline of Capt America: the first Avenger.  Story telling was really slow.  Middle was extremely slow.  Better than the other DC films.  Wonder Woman though was a bad ass. 

On 5/31/2017 at 4:59 PM, Brandon said:

Just started and I'm 2 episodes in. Really good so far. Spacey is perfect for the role of Frank. Plot is woven all over the place and the wheeling and dealing that goes on behind the scenes is wild and crafty.

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just started and I'm 2 episodes in. Really good so far. Spacey is perfect for the role of Frank. Plot is woven all over the place and the wheeling and dealing that goes on behind the scenes is wild and crafty.

they really do hit some wild extremes, but always tie it all together or make sense of it.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Fargo season 3.

Just watched last week's episode...anyone else think maybe it has gone off the rails? Lots of bizarre shit making very little sense. They have some work to do to bring this one back together, IMO.

It's not as good as previous seasons, but season 2 was one of the best seasons of any show, ever.

But it gets better as it goes, we are through episode 7 and it was a fantastic episode.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

It's not as good as previous seasons, but season 2 was one of the best seasons of any show, ever.

But it gets better as it goes, we are through episode 7 and it was a fantastic episode.

Watch #8 and tell me how much sense it makes to you..