• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 5/5/2017 at 6:56 PM, gotbeer said:

So I got a fire stick, and I want to cut the cord.  I have a prime account and netflix.  What other apps would people recommend?  Not sure if I want to go the HBO route yet. 

Saw a recent announcement from Hulu the other day that was interesting...apparently offering up a number of live broadcast channels or something similar.

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

speaking of this, you can watch The Wire on Amazon Prime, you don't need HBO.

Yep! There's so much good stuff! It's practically impossible to get around to watching everything. I want to give Deadwood a shot, I just can't seem to find the time.

However, if you're not down to subscribe to HBO, get your Prime watching in before sometime in mid 2018:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/05/03/hbo-to-pull-shows-from-amazon-prime/

:(

Jay, I don't know if you knew this: the deal was set to continue and Trump wrote an EO to terminate the deal.

I'm telling you, he's bad news.

On the topic of Better Call Saul, we love the show, especially the most recent episode which I won't spoil.

The plot moves along slowly because of the attention to detail, at least that's my impression. I like the attention to detail, it's different than most shows. Like the whole thing with Mike and the tracking device, and the subsequent meeting with Gus. They spent a lot of time on that but it really made you understand how patient Mike is, the waiting, the tracking, etc., and he finally found out who was tracking him.

Of course we know that Jimmy becomes Saul, and apparently something happens to Kim Wexler, hopefully nothing bad.

On May 5, 2017 at 6:56 PM, gotbeer said:

So I got a fire stick, and I want to cut the cord.  I have a prime account and netflix.  What other apps would people recommend?  Not sure if I want to go the HBO route yet. 

Do you have Kodi installed? If so, you don't need HBO, Hulu,etc.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:56 PM, gotbeer said:

Hulu's got a lot of shows/movies. I'm a big Seinfeld fan and Hulu has the entire series. 

it's a great book, and it's part of the reason i got starz.

the same people who made hannibal on nbc are responsible for american gods. 

i've read that the first few eps are rough, but that it gets better. i'm just waiting for the whole season to air so i can watch it. 

17 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Anyone watch American Gods on Starz?  It's a fantasy series that just started and to say the least, it's a little different. I'm going to give it a couple of more episodes before I decide if I'm going to continue watching it.

the ads and cast make it look like a watch. i'll wait to binge.

Logan

It was good, and worked fine as a standalone film if you've never been into any of the other xmen movies, or superhero movies in general. 

I can see why Stewart and Jackman have both said it's the last one they want to do...and hoping that it's just their way of saying they'll only work if there's substance to the scripts instead of being all about spectacle.