• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Refusing to do subtitles means missing a lot of really good stuff..

Recently watched The Tunnel on Amazon prime..which was basically The Bridge in a different setting (The Euro Tunnel between Dover and Calais) Even though I had watched both the FX and Swedish (subtitled) version, I still enjoyed the British adaptation..(all of the French was subtitled) Even though the story lines are pretty much the same, It was different enough to hold my interest. 

I just came across The Tunnel and thought to myself:" meh, I've already both versions of The Bridge"

imo, the Swedish version is much better

35 minutes ago, Lou said:

I just came across The Tunnel and thought to myself:" meh, I've already both versions of The Bridge"

imo, the Swedish version is much better

The Swedish version was probably the best of the 3 although the British was pretty close. There was enough variation in the story and the acting was solid.

Broadchurch is so well done.  It's amazing the depth this program can show.  Mark Latimers arc is just crushing, but you know that happens all the time when there is a loss like his family has gone through.  And then they can cultivate so many leads and continually surprise with where they end up.  I can appreciate them wanting to end while still creating great television, but I selfishly want more.

10 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Broadchurch is so well done.  It's amazing the depth this program can show.  Mark Latimers arc is just crushing, but you know that happens all the time when there is a loss like his family has gone through.  And then they can cultivate so many leads and continually surprise with where they end up.  I can appreciate them wanting to end while still creating great television, but I selfishly want more.

Perfectly stated. 

On 4/18/2017 at 1:38 PM, mrwicked said:

The only fast and furious movie i've seen is Tokyo Drift.

and somehow, i've seen it like 4-5 times. 

My buddy was in it. Had a decent part until pre-screenings in Japan made the producers re-think casting a Vietnamese guy in a Tokyo based flick. They completely reshot the ending afterwards, which left my friend (mostly) on the cutting room floor. I enjoy randomly sending him the screenshot of the film where he still appears, just for a trip down memory lane.

On April 5, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Tank said:

has anyone watched Brockmeyer? it looks kind of interesting but i don't really know anything about it.

On April 7, 2017 at 8:38 AM, red321 said:

Watched the first two episodes of Brockmire...some funny shit. Lucied....ha.

Watched the first two episodes based on these posts. (been looking for a comedy to watch).

i agree with red - funny shit. I'm a Hank Azaria fan (had no idea this show existed or that he was the star)

"oh, man, the ol' fastball sign makes for a real snug butt plug" 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:40 AM, Jason said:

I have never watched The Office until Netflix put the entire series up recently. Where the hell have I been? That is one of the funniest shows I've ever see and I can't get enough of it. Now I know what @NJHalo avatar is.

Parks and Rec is better as is 30 Rock.  But yes the office is funny. 

On 4/20/2017 at 10:17 AM, Homebrewer said:

I've started Mr Robot. Different, interesting, and after 3 episodes I'm pretty involved. Rami Malek is perfect in it and I haven't seen him since The Pacific (SNAFU) and I've often wondered when he would finally show up somewhere again.

Mr. Robot is interesting. First 2/3rds or so of the first season is almost scene for scene identical to a screen play I wrote five or six years ago. I've seriously considered producing it too, but now the story is sooo similar I'd have to make significant changes. I won't spoil it but clearly Sam Esmail (the show creator) and I were influenced by the same movie. The difference comes in the last third of Mr. Robot where the show becomes an almost literal remake of that movie, as if Esmail always dreamed of making the sequel (which is how season 2 feels). Unfortunately this is where the show comes off the rails.

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Watched the first two episodes based on these posts. (been looking for a comedy to watch).

i agree with red - funny shit. I'm a Hank Azaria fan (had no idea this show existed or that he was the star)

"oh, man, the ol' fastball sign makes for a real snug butt plug" 

Brockmire is.presented  by KY, a little touch is all it takes.

Watching "The Fear". 3 episodes into a 4 episode series.

About a British gang leader with the onset of Dementia. Really makes you think about how dangerous and scary this disease is. Watching someone unravel and not able to remember what he has done is sad.

21 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Mr. Robot is interesting. First 2/3rds or so of the first season is almost scene for scene identical to a screen play I wrote five or six years ago. I've seriously considered producing it too, but now the story is sooo similar I'd have to make significant changes. I won't spoil it but clearly Sam Esmail (the show creator) and I were influenced by the same movie. The difference comes in the last third of Mr. Robot where the show becomes an almost literal remake of that movie, as if Esmail always dreamed of making the sequel (which is how season 2 feels). Unfortunately this is where the show comes off the rails.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

i couldn't get into mr. robot.

was hooked initially and was binge watching, but then it just seemed to go in such a wild direction i didn't care to keep up.

started off really good

Well, I'm coming up on the last third of season 1(#6 of 10), so I'll find out soon if my experience parallels both of yours.

I brought up the spectrum tv app and it was on fox sports west from when I watched the game the other day.

The "Undisputed" was on...after 30 seconds my ears are bleeding. Some short splotchy white dude is arguing with Shannon Sharpe about a LeBron James block and how he shouldn't get credit for a great play because...well, I'm not quite sure.

This is a thing? I'm not up on my bible studies...but I think this has to be a sign the end times are near

this shit has been going on for years and is part of the ridiculous tmz world we live in now. it started with that white dude and stephen a. smith on espn and the whole premise of the show is literally for them to argue against each other. it's literally the dumbest thing in sports, but sadly has the highest ratings. i don't care to watch either show, but have seen clips  on various sports shows and there are times one of the two literally make shit up or purposely come up with an asinine counterpoint for the sake of arguing.

bums me out that when the white guy you mention left espn for fox (yes, that means we now have two of these types of shows in circulation), now max kellerman stepped in and i don't think does his radio show anymore....granted, i'm not in a position to really listen to sports talk anymore. 

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

this shit has been going on for years and is part of the ridiculous tmz world we live in now. it started with that white dude and stephen a. smith on espn and the whole premise of the show is literally for them to argue against each other. it's literally the dumbest thing in sports, but sadly has the highest ratings. i don't care to watch either show, but have seen clips  on various sports shows and there are times one of the two literally make shit up or purposely come up with an asinine counterpoint for the sake of arguing.

bums me out that when the white guy you mention left espn for fox (yes, that means we now have two of these types of shows in circulation), now max kellerman stepped in and i don't think does his radio show anymore....granted, i'm not in a position to really listen to sports talk anymore. 

I will listen to sports talk radio sometimes in the afternoon but when Stephen A Smith is on I turn it off.  Who wants to listen to a guy yell his points at his audience the whole time?  

On 11/15/2016 at 7:37 AM, Blarg said:

My only real complaints were Vince Vaugn was a terrible casting choice and the first half of the movie played out like a Capra film in the 40's.

Re: Hacksaw Ridge, I couldn't get past this either, agree about VV being a bad choice for that role. Forced intensity, just looked out of place. Good movie though. 

On 4/20/2017 at 8:34 PM, HaloJustinBieber said:

After all you f'ers started talking this show up, I gave it a shot.  I've gotten through season 1, and started season 2.  And so far, I think you biatches may be right.  It's a good show.  Not what I was expecting.  And I appreciate everything being subtle, and not thrown in your face like some US shows.  Although, in season 2, I thought it was about to go off the rails with that whole catfight, letting the girl get captured episode.  That was a more US type show laziness.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

First episode of latest Fargo.

Loved it. What a fantastic series - not many shows can compare.

Thanks for the reminder/heads up. Watched episode 1 today. They really have their hands full living up to the first two seasons, while staying true to the original concept of the movie...so far so good.

i may be the slowest binge watcher here, but i'm still watching The Man in the High Castle, season 1. watched four more episodes today, and this continues to be a really fun watch. through episode 8 as the resistance is acquiring the next bootleg film and the yakuza are now involved. some nice twists and turns in this show.