• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

War Dogs - 6/10

Solid movie, and an insane story. I read the Rolling Stone article that the movie is based on when the story first came out, and the movie just doesn't live up to the quality of the article IMO. That said, it's still enjoyable to watch, though you kinda hate a lot of the main characters (which is kinda the point I think).

Watching- Medici: Masters of Florence

Wife and I enjoy period stories with the old type housing and scenery. This show has an ever twisting plot and has kept our interest. We are almost done with the first season. Good show to watch. Will definitely watch season 2 when it comes out.

Not sure what Lou says is missing. Lou?

How about a spoiler with the tip?

On 2/16/2017 at 0:52 PM, LooneyPlatoons said:

Has anyone watched that show Legion?  I think its on FX and is X-Men related.

It is a strange show.  Not sure if I like it yet.  It's like controlled chaos, and so far is one of those shows that if you pick it up midstream, you'd be totally lost.  This will be one of those shows that people will love or hate.  Nothing really in between.

So has anyone had this happen to them?  They watch a movie, and it's ok.  A good cable type movie.  Then they watch it a second time, and then notice some of the small things.  And in the end, they see the one thing they missed that brings the whole movie together.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.  Or maybe when I first watched it, I just wasn't paying attention.  But saw the Accountant, and thought it was an ok movie.  When I saw it a second time, I saw the little things I missed before, and it made the movie make a lot more sense.  Just a weird feeling when that happens.  Doesnt make it any better of a movie.  But does let me appreciate the little things that the story/director tried to do.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:01 PM, cezero said:

deadwood season 1

a fucking masterpiece, the last episode in particular

I think I've enjoyed it even more the second time around.

They should have titled it "Cocksuckers and Hoopleheads"

Who else googled hooplehead, having never heard the term before?

On 2/19/2017 at 7:30 AM, gotbeer said:

So has anyone had this happen to them?  They watch a movie, and it's ok.  A good cable type movie.  Then they watch it a second time, and then notice some of the small things.  And in the end, they see the one thing they missed that brings the whole movie together.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.  Or maybe when I first watched it, I just wasn't paying attention.  But saw the Accountant, and thought it was an ok movie.  When I saw it a second time, I saw the little things I missed before, and it made the movie make a lot more sense.  Just a weird feeling when that happens.  Doesnt make it any better of a movie.  But does let me appreciate the little things that the story/director tried to do.

The Sixth Sense is a good example? 

On 2/19/2017 at 7:30 AM, gotbeer said:

Felt the same exact way about Piglets Big Movie.

On February 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Redondo said:

Watching- Medici: Masters of Florence

Wife and I enjoy period stories with the old type housing and scenery. This show has an ever twisting plot and has kept our interest. We are almost done with the first season. Good show to watch. Will definitely watch season 2 when it comes out.

Not sure what Lou says is missing. Lou?

How about a spoiler with the tip?

nothing was missing, I just thought Dustin Hoffman was an awful choice for his role 

19 minutes ago, cezero said:

episode 1 of The Night Manager. 

really good so far. 

very good show 

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Billions season two is here. Woot!

watched the first episode last week. 

such a good show 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

anyone else watching the new season of 24? it's been very good so far.

Black Bauer is back! 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

nothing was missing, I just thought Dustin Hoffman was an awful choice for his role 

That and a lot of the actors with blue eyes that are supposed to be Italian. Also I thought they were pronouncing Medici wrong, but after looking it up it sounds like that is the correct way to pronounce it.

16 hours ago, Tank said:

anyone else watching the new season of 24? it's been very good so far.

I watched the first episode and wasn't a fan. It feels like it's all been done before (about three or four times). I'm a huge fan of 24's first three seasons (some of my favorite TV ever), but from Season 4 on it became tired.