• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I was kind of thinking he gets to the top and a bird swoops down and grabs him.

I still think Gravity would have been much better if a giant shark had jumped out and ate Sandra Bullock when she finally landed on the shoreline...after the credits had rolled...just a quick flash of the shark biting off her head.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I still think Gravity would have been much better if a giant shark had jumped out and ate Sandra Bullock when she finally landed on the shoreline...after the credits had rolled...just a quick flash of the shark biting off her head.

Naw, something more realistic and sobering like she drags herself on shore only to find Emelia Earhart's plane.

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

I binged watched over the last couple of months (does that still count as binge watching) all 6 seasons of Game of Thrones.  Amazing show, that I didn't expect to like going into it, since I am not huge into fantasy genre.  Overall I think it is one of the single best series I have ever watched.  One of the best parts of getting caught up on it is now I can go into the very long thread about the show and read what all of you are saying about it.  

I can relate. I held off watching the series because I also thought it would be too SciFi for me.  I binge watched it before this past season and it was incredible. It is also one of my wife's favorite shows which surprised me. 

18 hours ago, red321 said:

Admit it...y'all kind of got sad for a second...oh....he was caught poor little guy...and then you let out a little cheer...

this is true.

i was pissed you posted it when that happened and then was rooting for him to make it up the rocks and thought they would dick us over because some snakes actually had their mouth on him. 

19 hours ago, red321 said:

holy shit...this is terrifying

mutha f*ckin nature!

the first Planet Earth was the reason I bought an HD-DVD player (wise choice that turned out to be).

is there a second set out?

gotta pick that sh*t up. nothing makes the ZT60 shine like those movies.

on this topic, one of my fav nature scenes is this:

A buddy showed me that mother earth video yesterday. Badass, cant wait for it to come out.

The older i get the more into that kind of stuff i am. The doscovery channel type stuff (back when it was new) was the best. Not a fan of the ones where some celebrity narrates it and tries to give it humor. Give me kimodo dragons eating dead bodies and no added bullshit.

On 11/8/2016 at 9:24 AM, mrwicked said:

mutha f*ckin nature!

the first Planet Earth was the reason I bought an HD-DVD player (wise choice that turned out to be).

is there a second set out?

gotta pick that sh*t up. nothing makes the ZT60 shine like those movies.

on this topic, one of my fav nature scenes is this:

Planet Earth II is airing weekly on BBC right now. It premieres here in January. The blu ray should be out early spring of next year. I can't wait! Planet Earth was the reason why I bought a blu-ray player. 

On 11/4/2016 at 7:29 PM, Glen said:

Hacksaw Ridge .  Incredible film. A+. See it.

I concur.  @Tank If you have not seen it yet.  Shame on you.  For me, one of the better war movies in quite a while.  Gibson and Garfield will get some Oscar love.

Also, one thing that I noticed.  Maybe I missed it and am mistaken.  But I believe that Doss' character was the only one to use Japanese, and not a derogatory term. 

On 11/13/2016 at 8:11 AM, JAHV76 said:

I watched Hacksaw Ridge yesterday it's a really good movie 

Hacksaw Ridge is getting a lot of positive reviews and praise...I'm hesitant to check it though because it look overly stylized in the 1st trailer...a lot of slow motion action shots...I hate slow motion action shots; is there a lot of slowmo in the film?

I saw Arrival -- 4/5 .. Solid flick, pretty thought provoking. I want to see it again. I wouldn't rank it above Sicario or Prisoners for Villeneuve; but still a good film. Solid director.

Three movies opening up this Friday that I want to see -- Nocturnal Animals, Manchester by the Sea, and Bleed for This

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Hacksaw Ridge is getting a lot of positive reviews and praise...I'm hesitant to check it though because it look overly stylized in the 1st trailer...a lot of slow motion action shots...I hate slow motion action shots; is there a lot of slowmo in the film?

I saw Arrival -- 4/5 .. Solid flick, pretty thought provoking. I want to see it again. I wouldn't rank it above Sicario or Prisoners for Villeneuve; but still a good film. Solid director.

Three movies opening up this Friday that I want to see -- Nocturnal Animals, Manchester by the Sea, and Bleed for This

I didn't recall much slowmo in the film.  Maybe in the one scene with the gernade. 

not sure it's been mentioned, and I don't know how to search for previous posts (shut up), but has anyone watched Rectify? It's a series about a guy who, after spending 19 years on death row, is released due to his DNA not being a match to samples from the original crime scene.  He's not exonerated and the townspeople still think he did it. 

such a good show. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

My only real complaints were Vince Vaugn was a terrible casting choice and the first half of the movie played out like a Capra film in the 40's.

As the movie went on I thought Vaughn got better but I agree, he was a terrible choice.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

My only real complaints were Vince Vaugn was a terrible casting choice and the first half of the movie played out like a Capra film in the 40's.

Are you referring to Capra films he directed in the 40's or all Capra films? I thought he directed some very good classic films like "It Happened One Night" and "Arsenic and Lace" to name a few.